What should I say to the disability committee

1. I have voices, 10 voices with complex religious system. 2. I talk alone all day, when in crowd I pretend to be talking on my phone. 3. I have treatment resistant sz, I have tried more than 10 APs. 4. When I am anxious , I have disorganized symptoms. 5. I have trumanomatrix delusion. 6. I can’t comprehend simple instructions

These are the reasons I can’t work

Looks good to me.

1 Like

Tell all of them that you loved them in Titanic and ask if they have any inside knowledge about a possible sequel.

But seriously, yeah, tell them stuff like you listed. Tell them those symptoms are so serious that they stop you from working or going to school.

1 Like

I am a bit nervous about the appointment

1 Like

When is your appointment?

2 Likes

If you have issues with motivation due to the disease and aps, that’s really important aswell.

It means doing normal things can be overwhelming especially if you have to do them day after day.

Good luck, just be honest about how you feel and it will be OK.

2 Likes

On Friday, 3 days from now

1 Like

Yes, I should mention negative symptoms too, thank you

1 Like

Well youve got plenty of time before your appointment to prepare. Don’t make yourself nervous for 3 days! :grimacing:

1 Like

But i have no negatives now. I used to have severe ones. I will be frank with them. Some periods of time I have negatives, and other periods none

When I went in for my disability evaluation they gave me like a zillion tests…like 2 hours worth. Most of them were designed to test my memory. Since that is one of the effects of Sz that medication can’t help.

1 Like

Good luck @Om_Sadasiva

I am going to seek disability in spring, but it might be easy, my caretaker / social worker said she would recommend disability. Burned out.

1 Like

Stick to the truth.
You’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Like filling in any disabilty claim form - say how it is on your WORST day, dont tell them about any good days you have - cos they will take you less seriously. Add a bit of artistic licence if you have too - cos you dont know how your gonna be in a couple of months.

Its not outright lying, as you know our condition can fluctuate, but it dont mean we are not suffering for it.

1 Like

Yeah, @Naarai has a good point. Tell them the worst symptoms and how they affect your life. When I was applying for SSDI I got denied. But we hired a lawyer and appealed.
My lawyer told me not to lie but he said I can shade the truth in my own favor. Meaning play up the worst, disabling part of the disease and downplay your good days.

1 Like

Sounds like you can just be honest. That’s all I did when I was with the doctor. I think I have less positive symptoms than you and I qualified for disability. Working with schizophrenia sucks. I’m glad I got on disability

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.