Schizophrenia.com

What should I do?

I recently bought some clothes without my sister knowing. She thinks I am a shopholic and says I am not allowed to buy any clothes. She only allows me to spend for a friend I am seeing soon and for a flat iron, but I really want to keep the clothing I bought. I am hiding them but I can not wear them or she will get suspicious. This is really embarrassing. What should I do?

If she found out she will make me return it.

How old are you and do you think you have a spending problem? Does your sister always keep track of your money for you?

2 Likes

You said previously you’re spending within your budget. Maybe have a talk with her and explain that.

1 Like

I am at a mature age, my mom gives me an allowance but sister controls what I spend it on.

1 Like

If I may make a suggestion, you can buy some pretty good clothes at thrift shops. You might have to sort through a lot of clothes, but sometimes you can make some good buys. Personally, something has to be on sale at the thrift shop before I will buy it.

1 Like

I also remember you saying that you stayed within your budget. You bought dresses didn’t you? I agree with everhopeful that you need to have a chat with your sister.

2 Likes

I will try to discuss it with her, but most of the times she is too rigid and kind of controlling.

1 Like

If you just wear the clothes and refuse to return them, what’s the worst that could happen? I like to buy stuff new with tags off eBay sometimes and I get some real bargains.

1 Like

Sadly she will make me return them even though she is younger than me, I have to wear them when I have a shopping day if I even have one.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. That sounds really annoying and frustrating. What does your Mum think of your sister being so controlling?

1 Like

I don’t think my mom approves, but my sister is hard to convince I wish I lived by myself sometimes even though I care about her.

That sounds like a difficult situation for you. I’m curious about the clothes that you bought ow. What are the dresses like?

I got a brand new dress from a good label on eBay last week for £15. I’m going to wear it to my partners friends BBQ on Saturday.

1 Like

I bought my dresses and skirt at Target which is a chain of stores in the US that offers high-quality, on-trend merchandise at discounted prices in clean, spacious, guest-friendly stores and maybe international online soon. I purchased a Missoni zigzag print dress for $56, 2 Who What Wear shirt dresses one pale green and the other black with tortoise shell buttons each $35, and 1 Who What Wear green and black handkerchief skirt for $33.

1 Like

That sounds lovely :grinning: You didn’t spend a fortune and if you can afford it why not?

1 Like

How can anyone control you unless you allow it? Just say NO. It’s your money and your thing s.

1 Like

Tell her you got them at goodwill. They dont allow you to make returns.

1 Like

Funny but my sister does not allow me to buy thrift and also my parents, They think used things like antiques can have bad spirits and not good for people who are mentally ill.

As if spirits had nothing better to do than hang around an inanimate object for eternity.

These people have to much control over your life. You are an adult.