What shall I do about work?

I don’t know whether the Clozapine is going to make me too tired to work or not

At the moment, I am sleeping all through the day and night

If it’s going to be this sedating, not sure I can work or not :confused:

Have now tried all the other meds that are activating, but they do not treat the symptoms well enough to remain on them

I had no choice but to go on Clozapine, as if I had not agreed to it, they would have forced me to take it

If I had been rebellious as times past, I’d be sectioned and still sat in the hospital.

Don’t really have many options left

6 Likes

In the end of it all, @Joker , all you can do is try your best and see if you have enough energy to keep working .

2 Likes

Your body has to get use to the meds it takes time

3 Likes

Get four remote positions. Work 1/4 at each, but get paid full time by all four.

I’m one fourth of the way to this goal.

Next: World domination. Or maybe a bathroom.

3 Likes

I feel for you. When I was taking a normal dose of clozapine I was sleeping 16 hours a day. I prefer avoiding stress at all cost and not needing it.

That’s my strategy to take care of my nervous system.

1 Like

Clozapine caused me to pass out. So it goes I tried. I gave it a week. People kept trying to call ambulance.

But anyway I hope you find a med that will let you stay awake. It’s hard to work when side effects are going on. I wish you well. Rox

1 Like

Yes, it is the case. But if you reduce your medicine, then chances to suffer from bipolar symptoms also.
My psychiatrist once said, as we aged, difficulties increase. Only thing is that we are familiar with it after ageing.

1 Like

Are you still in hospital

2 Likes

try armodafinil in the morning it will increase wakefulness and vigilance but be aware of its side effect it can cause steven-johnson syndrome its fatal skin disease i tried it in small doses it didn’t help me (maybe higher doses could help) and it caused me skin rash so i stopped it

1 Like

there is also methylphenidate its considerd safe and there is researches about it in pubmed

1 Like

No I got discharged early to the crisis teams care, and there’s a section 117 thing that has involved social services who come Tuesday

1 Like

Sounds supportive the care you have in place
I would just say know what your limits are and stay doing whats going to keep you safe and functional to some degree. Its no good running yourself into the ground.
Im happy for you that at least your home now and resting. Hopefully the clozapine will help you stay safe and function.
Take care

1 Like

surely they cant force you to take something if it has a negative effect, i couldn’t handle being asleep all the time, i need to do things.

It was a choice to do it voluntary or be sectioned and they do it anyways

I have no advance decisions for them to go on

I mean after being on it and you have bad side effects like sleeping all the time.

Not sure if they care or not.

I am hoping that once I get up to dose, it should wear off after a while

If not I need to seriously think about what I do about working :frowning:

i forget to tell you about pitolisant its a drug for narcolepsy and it will help you in having wakefullness and vigilance in the morning. take it in the morning its considered to be safe

1 Like

I find Clozaril makes me sleepy, too. On most mornings, I get up and feed the cat, then go back to sleep at 11. And I’m ready for bed at 9pm – sometimes earlier, sometimes I can’t fall asleep.

My pdoc tried some stimulating meds for me, to accompany the Clozaril, to try and help me stay awake, but they ended up causing me anxiety and psychosis.

I should add, once I’m up, I’m up. Sometimes I get up earlier for appointments, etc., and it’s hard, but doable.

The trick for me now is to start filling my time with work/hobbies. The goal is a freelance position, with some regular clients.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.