Schizophrenia.com

What’s your story... in 40 characters or less

From riches to rags!

1 Like

I hear you. I guess I’ve met a lot of the same. Still I’ve had this disorder longer now than not having it. And it feels like I’ve turned a corner. Still wish I could seriously cry it out… just once and get it out in that way!

1 Like

Born to succeed. Went off track due to sz 7 years ago. Finding my way back into normalcy one pill and one good thought at a time. Recovery is hard but possible!

1 Like

Yes I need to venture out there more and reality test more where I’m at. It’s now conceivable I’m paralyzed for no reason other than being an object at rest.

I was told by a therapist at the VA that I didn’t need therapy.

3 Likes

Abusive childhood that started before age of three, depression before teens, homeless runaway , lots of drugs,moved in with aunt, went to school, met Rose, had daughter, psychotic break, homeless, got on disability, making my way back to “Normal”.

3 Likes

I don’t think about my story anymore. Maybe i had two passports, two driverlicenses, three quaifications and worked 10 years, and these days i only got a photo id and qualify with my mental illness for a pension.

2 Likes

Luv my bad mom. Childhood better. Liars cause it.

1 Like

Blinded by the light, wrapped up like a duece, another runner in the night.

2 Likes

Quick childhood, caretaker, Vegas swingers clubs, drugs, caretaker, New York, drugs, cult, caretaker, nurse, sober, engaged, content.

1 Like

Great childhood, turbulent and wild teenage years, great 20s, back to college as a mature student, got a good job lasted 9 months, started hearing voices from the IRA at 30 years old, haven’t been able to move on with my life ever since. I’m 34 now

1 Like

The only positive aspect (because that sounds devastating), but the only nice thing is that you had a clean break, crisp really, into your schizophrenia. The prognosis is better when it happens like that. My shi(t)… was insidiously developed!

1 Like

What do you mean? Crisp?

Did you have yours since childhood?

1 Like

Oh so you mean when something traumatic brings it on like bullying?

I just got an impression that your life was working and then ‘Bam!’ psychosis hit. I meant the word ‘crisp’ as in a ‘clean break’ into your disorder.

And yes, mine was probably with me somewhere starting in the middle of my high school years.

1 Like

Yeah that’s pretty much what happened! So you think the prognosis is better this way?

1 Like

Last time I read the Wikipedia article on schizophrenia it said so!

1 Like

Can you post the article? Good for me so :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you google ‘insidious onset schizophrenia’ you’ll get the answer that should be good for you to hear : ).

1 Like

Thank you @anon64158233! But of positivity I’m the grey

1 Like