What’s your motivation to do things?

It’s my family that keeps me going, they are the only thing who bring out the best in me.

2 Likes

I live in a nice apartment. I don’t want to go back to the board & care home. There were cool people there but a lot of them had not been raised right when it came to the bathroom. I find that you can judge a new living situation by the condition of the bathroom. Those people were not animals but some of them had certain traits of animals. Nuff said. I made it out, I will do what it takes to not go back. So that’s my motivation to keep my car in good shape, to make and go to all my appointments, keep me and the apartment clean.

1 Like

I am either motivated by books and the library, or if its chores I am motivated usually when my husband says I must clean the house. Or by my love for him.

Otherwise I am not motivated enough. Some things I just don’t have the motivation for. My painting and writing have slipped away. All i do is read or be with my husband. Him and books are my only passions nowadays.

2 Likes

My primary motivation is to take care of my girlfriend, mother and cat.

This is why I get up in the morning.

3 Likes

My motivation to do yoga and take the stairs is to keep weight off and to keep pain at bay. My motivation to play piano is for the pure fun of it and also to reach my goal of performance level playing. My motivation to meditate everyday is to keep my emotions and mood even and stable at all times. My motivation to count calories is to keep weight off and to maintain my normal weight. My motivation to shower once a week is so I smell good for my nurse, my piano instructor and for the ladies at my volunteer meeting.

2 Likes

My motivation is the drive to feel a sense of accomplishment no matter how insignificant like sweeping the floor or woodburning an art piece. Just did a woodburn of a feather last night. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do the things which stimulate me, I also do things which society and people tell me I ought to be doing. I also do things which satusfy my most basic needs. I haven’t reached a state where I’m thriving and do things I’m not forced to. I do things, but my habits are bad and my accomplishments are not impressive. Before sz I did many more things. Right now I do very little in comparison.

1 Like

My main motivation is myself. If I don’t do anything I go maniac. After I broke my elbow I had 1 year without doing anything. I was anxious and depressed all the time. When I finally was able to write I studied every day of the week, like it was a job. I didn’t visited my friends and I was only studying. Obviously I took 1 day of the week that I studied less. Anyway my main motivation was studying so that I wouldn’t feel bad :wink:

1 Like

I want to be financially stable within 10 years or before I reach 40…

So I’m working hard for that

1 Like

Negatives suck balls but I can beat them

1 Like

I need to learn as much as possible and see as much as possible

My motivation for housework is zero, but for fun stuff like farting around with PC and reading books and things – also for activities like church and group – quite high, actually.

2 Likes

My motivation for things like hygiene, clothes changing and housework is really bad. But for things like prayer, reading and internet, really high. My motivation for everything else is ok. My motivation to leave my apartment is mediocre.

3 Likes

It depends. There are days I’m lazy. But a thing that helps me is to schedule everything that I will do the next day.

1 Like

20 years from now, you would regret more about things that you did not do rather than things that you did. Always keep that in mind.

1 Like

My motivation? The alternative… the consequences of being unmotivated.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.