What’s your motivation to do things?

What’s your motivation to do things ?

4 Likes

I have zero motivation.

3 Likes

To be the best version of myself. I set my own goals and I set them to be the highest thing that I can achieve. Personal Training is one of those goals.

6 Likes

Zero motivation too

2 Likes

When I am older I will regret my life if I didn’t do things so I would be in living hell

4 Likes

Helping others.

5 Likes

I recently started to find the motivation to live on. I walk every morning when I am free in the forest. Then I go to the gym. For the rest I work three days a week.

The motivation is: the feeling that im alive. I want to feel alive.

5 Likes

I already have regrets so that’s difficult…

2 Likes

Me, my cat, and my lovely one. And our respective families. I don’t know, all the usual stuff i guess. Trying to be good.

1 Like

I do things so I don’t feel crappy about not doing things.

4 Likes

me too… I don’t want it to build up more than it is now…still actually doing things, in general, can be a struggle

3 Likes

Fear.
I’m getting old, and life is passing me by. I feel like people are judging and making fun of me for all the things I say I’ll do but don’t.
My head also makes me feel like ■■■■ if I don’t do productive things, every day, so there’s that.

3 Likes

I break things up into smaller tasks. Like say I have to empty the dishwasher. Instead of being overwhelmed with thinking I have to empty the whole thing, I think I have to dry and put away this mug then this plate and so on. My meds and ECT really help a lot. Some days are harder than others. But overall I’m doing really good. :sun_with_face:

3 Likes

I’m day to day, but I have gone through a fun deck of cards and want to do the best I can until this med regimen doesn’t work or another bomb gets dropped in my lap. When you hit rock bottom over as many things as I have. You force yourself up and off the concrete because nobody was ever going to do it for me. I can only count on myself for happiness so rather than let myself think I keep myself busy. However, when I was on that latuda ■■■■…I couldn’t get outta bed. I thought I was gonna die I felt worse than I’d ever felt in my life

3 Likes

I used to have my own set of solutions to boredom but now they have gone.
My main interests now are work, eating, and taking naps, and some reading.
Reading this post I get the idea that loss of motivation is part of the spectrum of symptoms of sz.
I see several of you have overcome the apathy in your own ways, like pushing yourselves.

3 Likes

When gnats start attacking me. Those bastards bite.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t acknowledge this powerful statement. I should have mentioned it in my post. Sorry to hear what you went through.

2 Likes

Np it’s hard to keep up with everyone :hugs:

1 Like

Getting up out of my chair. I find bits of things to do.

1 Like

at work it’s money. with my workout so as to look presentable at work. chores as to keep a tidy living space.

1 Like