What’s the most difficult thing you have overcome

I was bulimic after my mother died. I haven’t thrown up my food in more than 20 years.

5 Likes

@Anthony1337 Im short and I weigh 243 lbs.

2 Likes

I had a period in my life where I was in a drug induced psychosis and lived with my violent unpredictable schizophrenic brother who was also psychotic. We would feed off each other. He’d pull guns on me and we fought a lot. Also during this time I thought I was a targeted individual. He would have been homeless and finally was once I got myself out of there. He quickly ended up in prison. I struggled like crazy then and realized there’s no such thing as giving up because you gotta eat breath and ■■■■. I was about as low as I could get. After 12 years of jails prison and hospitals he might finally be getting the help he needs. He’s currently court ordered to ten months in the state hospital. He’s been there for two of the ten at this time. He ended up there for trying to kill me and beating up my mother. I ended up with bruises. She ended up with broken ribs, a broken collarbone, and a gash in her head that needed four staples.

1 Like

Long story short he was out of prison living with my mom. I was over there. He freaked out and attacked me. I was able to defend myself. My mom woke up and got in between us. She was telling me to leave. I got the ■■■■ outa there with plans to come back and pick up my mother cause he was scary. I got in my car and started it. As I was about to pull away and my mom was on the steps to the garage blocking my brother he pushed her. She fell back into her car and he raised his fist and started beating her. I saw this through a window into the garage. I jumped out my car and ran around the house into the garage. My brother got inside so I picked up my mom and we got the hell outa there. The collarbone happened on the car, the ribs were from a kick, and her head gash was from punches. We drove down the street and called the cops. They finally got him to surrender. He’s been in jail ever since but has been in the state hospital for the past two months. You wouldn’t believe the type of stuff we’ve dealt with with him for the past 14 years. 12 bad ones. In the past Ive gotten the most relief when I knew he was locked up. The doctor at the hospital said we were lucky. He said a lot of times someone ends up dead in situations like ours. He’s a real motherfcker. Talking about this makes me want to smash his face in. The day before I had hidden two fixed blade knives that were laying on the table right next to where he beat up my mom. He might have picked those up had i not seen them there. He was weird with weapons. Not really a short story.

1 Like

@ericsbat man, what a story…so sorry that happened…glad you got your mom out of there…poor thing.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s really unbelievable. He has put us through so many crazy situations. He was highly delusional. Last I heard he actually called my dad from the hospital and said he’s working out and seeing a therapist. Along with classes and groups I assume.

1 Like

Thanks @GBear587. I might have to do some meditation and/or therapy if it continues.

1 Like

I hope it goes well for you

1 Like