What’s the longest break you’ve had from the voices?

So what is it, I’m going on ten weeks without any voices. Though I am anxiously awaiting their return

2 Likes

Ten whole weeks? That’s great.
I had no voices for 2-3 weeks, but two days ago I had many. Today silence again

1 Like

Wow, ten weeks that is awesome!!

1 Like

Most of my audible voices are caused by my near deafness. It’s called Musical Ear Syndrome. Hard of hearing people get it. And I am very hard of hearing. I usually have to wear hearing aids. The other day, I was in an almost empty Church and I was hearing very loud classical music outside my head. The only other person in the Church with me did not hear the music. I get this all the time. It is audible hallucinations. But, it is not caused by sz. It’s caused by near deafness. I can also hear people talking inside heaters and fans. This is also caused by hard of hearing.

1 Like

I don’t know…depends on my meds dose. I think about a month or two then they come back, usually with stress. I get inserted thoughts more often than voices. Sometimes they lead to a voice attack but other times just fade away.

1 Like

Three maybe four days of quiet at a time,

1 Like

Two weeks when I got to a higher dose of clozapine but had to stop it abruptly because of medical problems. Now I’m maybe stuck with them for rest of my life or a least until we find another med solution

1 Like

Did you have low white blood cell count? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Not really my blood pressure would drop to 60/30 and I would black out. In the hospital they spot it and start with risperidone.

2 Likes

I never kept count since I have triggers. When there is a trigger, they happen. They aren’t constant. My paranoia started from voices, and when I can’t tell if voices are real or not, I believe what they are commenting on about me. They can leave me isolated. I hate being talked about and ridiculed, patronized, them being condescending. It’s really hard to tell the difference. I was talking to a voice on the bus on Saturday with my head on my boyfriend’s shoulder and it was saying I act like I’m 12, they put a spell on me, they were going to steal him. I kept blowing them off and acting nasty towards them, they fought back with more power. I felt targeted… Long story… So I don’t know how long of a gap there is, since people with powers can open up that barrier and start talking to me in the form of voices… saying things that aren’t true and harassing me

1 Like

I think my record is between two and three weeks, it was while I was staying in CA.

1 Like

When I first tried risperidone it only kinda dulled the voices for a week then they came back. I increased dosage.So logic would say that it’s only a matter of time before they come back

My voice doesn’t talk to me audibly but through either books or magazines, through the internet or through apps. I went many, many years without any voices at all. I had just mostly mood symptoms and thought insertion, thought broadcasting symptoms and paranoia all of my life.

2 Likes

My pdoc wants to try get the voices to a mild side before adding another AP and start slow to see how I handle the AP

1 Like

Pretty much never get a break. Just less than before

That’s amazing. Recently I am not lucky in. With this last round of psychosis the voices have stayed. So far. There hope that they’ll go away.

I had voices years ago from being off meds, paranoid, stressed, and anxious. Not sure what the underlying cause was but they were hypnogogic hallucinations. Normal people get them sometimes when falling asleep. I don’t get them anymore and don’t hear things or see things thank God. I couldn’t handle that on top of my dissociation.

One time years ago I heard demons talking to me through the radio from pot…I was scared and never tried it again…

I was schizophrenic at the time.

While on college in the prodromal stage, I could hear music…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.