What really grinds your gears?

grinds-my-gears
What really grinds your gears? Y’know, rubs you the wrong way? What really bothers or annoys you, sometimes for no reason?

I’m all for positivity, but sometimes you just need a place to vent the negatives.

This thread is that place. Come on, let’s hear it! What really grinds your gears?

5 Likes

Everyone and everything.

Why have you been in such a bad mood lately Arturo?

Things people say.

In your personal life?

Here, there, everywhere.

I hope things look up for you soon, Arturo. It makes me sad to see you having such a rough time lately.

Edit: when Arturo’s having a crap time of it, it really grinds my gears!

5 Likes

I :heart: you Rhubot

2 Likes

I’m in your corner, all the way.

2 Likes

People not respecting my boundaries grinds mine. Also people assuming things about me.

2 Likes

People making promises and never keeping them. Especially promises made to children.

2 Likes

People with lousy manners. Saying things like “please” and “thank you” is highly valued by me.

3 Likes

Everything. 1516162635416372

It really grinds my gears when people assume I want children and when I tell them I never have they say I will change my mind. Its rude to assume just because I am a woman my purpose in life is to have babies. :unamused:

5 Likes

Well, this relates to what I just wrote, but people who treat customer service employees like crap. That’s partly because I’ve done so much customer service work, but also I think it is very telling.

There’s an old trick that I’ve heard of some women using when they start dating a guy, and I think it is a very good one. If a guy (or woman) takes you out to dinner, no matter how nice he/she may be toward you, if they treat the server like crap they’re probably an a-hole underneath it all.

Anyone can be nice to friends, family, dates, but the way you treat someone you don’t know is much more telling of your character.

5 Likes

Coughing and sneezing in code about me on the tram and at work.

This is troubling to me, @anon84763962. I care about you, and I know you haven’t been feeling well lately, so I have to tell you this seems like a delusion. I really don’t think people are coughing/sneezing in code about you, especially on the tram. I realize you’re not likely to see this my way, but please at least consider that it might not be real.

3 Likes

Thanks scuba. It’s too convenient that the coughing in particular happens when it does and always between two or more people.

What are these codes? Are you counting them or something?

Ok, I won’t argue with you about it :slightly_smiling_face:. When do you see your psychiatrist next?