What point of your life did you have the most fun?

I was in the Navy and basically worked all day. Then at night we would all go to Hooters or a bar or something. Great memories.

7 Likes

id say my college years…ended up with 3 other roommates and we would have parties all the time at our rental. lots of girls over, lots of loud music, lots of jokes, good times…

I dropped out and started working, they managed to finish school somehow. it was my first independence from my parents. being out on my own and I kind of took it to the extreme.

I ended up in two of my roommates weddings

4 Likes

About ages 23 - 26.

3 Likes

I had a lot of fun in the 9th grade. My best friend’s mom had a boyfriend in California so she was out of town every weekend. We had parties the entire year. Also did a lot of other things with friends that year. The next year I became a recluse.

3 Likes

Late teens were the best for me. I became symptomatic shortly before turning twenty, which left me with more negative symptoms and some psychosis. I wish I could just wake up in my late teens and say, woah that was a crazy bad dream. (Wasn’t all bad, but it could be much better if I was ‘normal’.)

3 Likes

It depends on what you mean by fun. 2012-2014 I went on many adventures and partied a whole bunch, which was lots of fun. But I was mostly doing it to drown out the voices in my head and distract myself from how miserable I was.

Now, I do fewer adventurous things, but I am enjoying life way more. I spend my weekends playing board games with a few close friends, and occasionally go dancing.

4 Likes

Last year of high school. I had an unconditional offer into university so I had a year to mature as a person. Great year.

5 Likes

I’m a pretty simple person and so fun to me is just a simple word. On Google fun means enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure. I’ll go with that. @Ninjastar

2 Likes

When I was nine my parents took us to Disney World. I still don’t like the Sheriff of Nottingham. But still cool.

2 Likes

12 - 16 years old?
It’s difficult because I was always symptomatic.

3 Likes

pretty much all thru high school and into my freshman year of college. Maybe the best time was the summer before heading off to college, I had a ton of friends and there was a ton of partying. Good times, miss those days

2 Likes

I always wonder what my life would be like if I stayed in Ohio @anon49063606. Ohio is a great place. Probably would have went to a school in state then flunked out. So I guess it wouldn’t be that different.

2 Likes

Yea I went to Kent State. I loved that school, I just got hit with the MI bug while I was there

1 Like

I think I’m the happiest now and things are getting better,

Other times in my life when I had less symptoms, my personal life was a mess.

Right now, I may be pretty crazy, but everything else is pretty stable and organized,

So, I have more me time, which is what I enjoy most.

3 Likes

A lot of famous people went to Kent State I think @anon49063606. Seems like a great school.

1 Like

I am at my happiest now. But looking back, I really enjoyed the times I played live and recorded with my band. That was before i got sick. But the last 15 years have been mostly great, since I met my love.

1 Like

For me it was when I was 19. I had gotten my first car, and enjoyed finally being independent! My buddies and I would go on week long backpacking and road trips to different places and I had first started college that year as well. Felt like I knew who I truly was and the things I enjoyed. I always had issues, but I started developing sz when I was 20 and its gone downhill since. :’(

2 Likes

When I transferred to university before the math classes started and before the Cs. I should have majored in business or economics I would have graduated.

Example: I had a B in Real analysis but I was 100 pages behind and a midterm was coming up. I couldn’t tell what was real and had too many philosophical thoughts. I dropped out. I had a heavy load and wasn’t doing well in logic and number theory. I did extremely well on the homework but screwed up the exams. I couldn’t handle the stress. It’s been over 6 years now.

1 Like

I think my life right now is pretty good. Going to work and having friends are both really good for my health. I hope I can overcome my anxiety and mental illness and stick around at this job for a while. My goal is to stick around at least until substitute teaching starts then give that a try. I feel like keeping a job for 3 months is like 1 year in sz world. Don’t be too hard on myself :3

4 Likes

My grandma who died told me her favourite age was 60.

She said because she knew herself better then and had more confidence and children adults Yet have grandchildren around when she wanted and she used to go dancing almost every week.
She was popular to dance with too so she got corted .

She also had nice home n stability.

I will not write about me here and now.

:blush:

2 Likes