What one piece of wisdom would you pass on to tohers

“If I am not for myself, who will be?
If I am for myself only, what am I?
And if not now, when?”
- Hillel -

My brother asked me that once My answer was: Don’t step in it!

2 Likes

There are two.

• Nothing lasts forever, even misery.
  • You’re not going to like everyone and not everyone will like you.

Hmm wisdom eh : Don’t take life to seriously, people might start laughing at you.

And a quote “life moves pretty fast, if you don’t stop to take a look around you might miss it” -ferris beuler

time is the fire in which we burn

Ask Jesus into your heart, it will determine your outcome for all eternity.

2 Likes

Ecclesiastes
Better to spend your time at funerals than at parties.
After all, everyone dies–so the living should take this to heart.

Don’t smoke pot in your teens.

My uncle did that. Finally the funeral was his.

Thanks again for posting this question.

It reminded me to take some time to go over my list of 100 personal rules that I referred to above and update them thoroughly for the first time in years. I probably threw out about 20 rules I didn’t agree with anymore and replaced them with 20 rules that I thought should be included. I now feel comfortable with all of them.

I feel as if I’ve had a productive day because of that. :slight_smile: That, and getting my laundry done and bills paid. :stuck_out_tongue:

Prejudice is after all ignorance, so watch what you do.

Don’t make eye contact while eating a banana.

4 Likes

Set realistic goals. Aiming for the moon doesn’t always get you there. You gotta build the spaceship first.

3 Likes

When I threw out about 20 rules and replaced them the other day, one of my new rules relates to this:

Try to spend some time thinking about and knowing about your environment and yourself.

Then I added some footnotes about how to apply that and how it is relevant.

It sounds a bit like Sun Tzu’s ‘Know your enemies and know yourself;’ but, this is life, not war. The environment is not the enemy.

Thanks for posting this. :smile:

When I threw out 20 rules and replaced them the other day, one of my new rules relates to this:

Try to take the time and resources to reward yourself for small victories.

Thanks for posting this. :smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, me too. I pretty much go though life thinking that everybody else is normal, they’re always right, everybody is confident and everybody is perfect. I don’t enjoy it when anybody here feels miserable on here. But it does help to see other people going through what I’m going through sometimes with fear or self-doubt. Until I found this site I lived my life like I was the only shy person who didn’t talk to people.This site really opened my eyes. I’ve never heard other people with schizophrenia talk so frankly about the problems they have before I got on here.

i would say ‘nothing is impossible’

do what you can when you can and if you can’t then get somebody else to do it for you lol