Schizophrenia.com

What negative side effects has clozapin given you?

Hi, what dose of clozapin are you on and what are the side effects you suffer particularly with regards to memory?

I’ve never taken it but I know most common is weight gain and drowsiness. (There’s a bunch others like constipation, and blah blah but those are more variable depending on the person) I haven’t heard anything about it affecting memory. I know it’s the most effective antipsychotic there is.

1 Like

I’ve had weight gain & restlessness w clozaril.

1 Like

When they gave me clozaril it totally destroyed my sense of balance. I could barely stand, and I was in serious danger of doing a nose dive into the carpet. I got off that drug quick.

1 Like

It effects ppl differently.

2 Likes

I am just trying to discover more about it in case of a last needed measure to combat chronic paranoid schizophrenia. I’ve been on every other antipsychotic apart from respiridone. None of them really work but the most recent stress in my life means Latuda isn’t as effective at getting rid of my delusions either… namely the belief that a person can be spiritually effected by another human being whether it’s nice or not… I suffer from strong tactile abuse from tactile hallucinations. I know what you mean by weight gain. Latuda means I never feel satiety so I desperately overeat but walk miles… it’s so cold outside but it’s the only one of many measures to control my weight…

I experienced severe tactile hallucination abuse as well. I am so sorry you are experiencing that. Clozapine is supposed to be a very good choice for people that nothing else works for. I hope things improve for you and good luck in making your choice.

1 Like

Hey, thanks Anna. Sorry to hear about the tactile hallucinations too. They are more putrid than voices that persecute…

1 Like

Groggy after taking morning med which goes away with or without a nap.

Lots of saliva and constipation.

I can’t tell if my memory has worsened since getting schizophrenia or being on clozaril.

1 Like

Clozapine seemed to work okay for my brother, but he had to drop it when his white blood cell count went up. He has always suffered from memory problems, but I always attributed this to Schizophrenia and not the med he was on.

1 Like