What movie traumatised you as a kid?

3 Likes

I surprisingly wasn’t all that fazed by violent movies, but Constantine scared the crap out of me when I was little.

2 Likes

Pinocchio! OMG that movie was so scary! It was released in theaters when I was like 5 or so. It was the first movie I saw in theaters and I was panicking. Especially the Pleasure Island part!

4 Likes

Omg YES! It really scared me too when I saw it

2 Likes

I don’t remember any when I was a kid but after getting sza I can’t watch horror movies. I see that stuff walking around my house at night or standing over me while in bed. The worst was Silent Hill. :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

What was that very low budget movie? I think it was called Blair Witch Progect. I remember it made a whole lot of money. I never saw it though.

2 Likes

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Was a little young for that one when I saw it.

2 Likes

Jaws terrified me as a kid. I used to have dreams of being in a swimming pool and a shark coming in and eating everyone

2 Likes

Jaws and its shark

6 Likes

freddy cruger…o.m.g…the worst:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

3 Likes

O and this really scared me when i was young. But as an adult knowing what nazis are i tend to enjoy this scene

3 Likes

The mini series of It with Tim Curry. I was probs about eight or nine when I watched it - still can’t look down drain holes.

3 Likes

@anon20613941 The Fireys in Labyrinth scared the crap out of me! “Take off her head!”

2 Likes

That was one I watched later, but it was very hard to actually view. Non-stop super scary ■■■■. Super weird, but things that could happen. Based on a true story.

2 Likes

Apparently, Fantasia left me a shuddering, sobbing wreck. Not the demons or the dinosaurs, but the Sorcerer’s Apprentice. My mom still laughs, telling people how I had to be taken from the theatre. I don’t remember seeing it as a kid, but I still have a visceral reaction to that story :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Venom from spider-man. not really a movie, was a cartoon in a format of a few episodes on a video cassette… but still ! ■■■■■ was in my nightmares when I was 4-5

What I’ve seen:

What I’ve imagined:

2 Likes

clowns were ruined forever for me by It

3 Likes

Anyone ever seen the Entity with Barbara Hershey?

Trigger warning:

It’s an old 80’s horror movie about a woman being assaulted by a demon that no one can see.

Anyways I saw it when I was really young and to this day it’s probably the most frightening movie I’ve ever seen.

Especially because it was very well made, good music, good acting etc.

1 Like

The Exorcist…still can’t watch it…my niece and sister laughed at it when last time I watched it…I had violent visions for about the next three months afterward…always get really creeped out while trying to go to sleep sometimes…

3 Likes

Chucky. Saw it when I was in 1st grade.

1 Like