What motivates you to live?

Paradoxically it was more common in the Classic pagan world because they believed that the body was the tomb of the soul as Plato said and therefore suicide could be seen as a liberation…

Hmmm. I suppose the same thing that motivates any other man/woman to live. The survival instincts in our DNA?

Specifically for me it’s my goals in life. I want to get more degrees, play music, write a book or two, help other people out. And getting a girlfriend would be nice. :smile:

5 Likes

I’m a huge coward; I dislike pain.

3 Likes

Spite for the vultures that are circling keeps me going.

5 Likes

What motivates me is knowing there’s more to learn and experience.

3 Likes

Yes, and thankfully one never stops learning. Life is big enough that no one can ever know everything. If anyone could ever master everything, then…? Life has commodity enough to ensure there’s always another mystery.

2 Likes

It’s curiosity mostly. Like I want to see and feel tomorrow. To explore. To change. To accept. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These days life just motivates itself… I’m alive and I don’t really want that to change… so I should do my best to make it a good one.

My higher aspirations are too hopefully hit a got stage in life to go back to the kind of intrigue and curiosity I hate about the sciences when I was free to day dream as a kid and teen.

I’m just a few months shy of really being able to start implementing that into my life… I’ll have my own place again and pretty well-aware type roomate to help me keep my focus. The money should be working too.

On a more personal/emotional level… I always thought that the women make life worth living. Though these days those feelings aren’t so genuine.

It’s been my core confusion this week… I really don’t get excited at the prospect of any of them any more… when I used to have such emotional roller coasters… Maybe I’m just getting used to them finally. Also… a lot of my desire for girls was just to hopefully compensate for a very isolated childhood under my parents dysfunctional relationship. Seeing that all clearly really put my needs into a different category… and it’s like the confusions that stem from that scenario make more sense… and I too myself make more sense… as it was embarrassing and painful to need a girl friend so badly that whole time… when all I wanted was to know that two people can love each other and actually manage to get along.

… but yeah… two more months and about 3,000 dollars and I’ll be set up pretty comfortably in a sustainable way.

I really do just got to get to that position to be able to think things through.

4 Likes

Is this question…why dont you think low of people? My answer would be…i dont think wrong is wrong and right is right. All bad things can be appreciated that way.

1 Like

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

me feeling being loved by mother and father they actually love me too much
i cant imagine life without them

4 Likes

I’m afraid I’m going to hell too.

Faith, family and friends. They motivate me to live a healthier life. Also my pets help motivate me to look outside myself and take care of them.

3 Likes

Well said…

2 Likes

Used to be my horse, then I sold him to move to my current job. Now I guess my job keeps me going. My family, despite a lack of support from them they do motivate me, my friends back at home, as well as my faith in God.

2 Likes

The only thing that motivates me is an in built strong will to survive.

4 Likes

If you haven’t done anything that warrants you going to hell (intrusive thoughts don’t count,) you’re not going there, as long as you have some kind of God belief.

3 Likes

I have a Faith - > I could make a long list of good stuff and I actually did over facebook many years ago and posted it. There might be lots of reasons to keep going forward, even it sucks to exist, BUT;;;; Create a list and hate em back - as it’s a bit weird + stupid how the demons inside of us, don’t Work!! but want to win.
They suck, not me or you!

2 Likes

Everything has worn me out in life. I am just so tired. I keep on plugging away but I just want to finish my life in peace and quiet. There is one thing that has me interested is in going back to school for another degree. It might be a history degree or possibly a music degree in piano. I just do not know.

1 Like

My boyfriend motivates me to live. Otherwise I would really have no motivation to, to be honest.

4 Likes

What motivates you to live?

Stupidity. I thought that justice would come about eventually. I thought that eventually people would finally realize that truth is more truthful than less than truth, less than truth such as trivial things like mere beliefs.

It turned out that beliefs still rule, and truth is still banned. As a consequence, all hope died.

So I am now slowly on my way out.

1 Like