What motivates you to do things

I’m currently doing alot I don’t want to be person as I m now. I want to have good job wife and kids

I was homeless. Had no income, no food, no prospects. I work hard to make sure that I’m never in that place again.

1 Like

Because life could always be worse and I don’t want to find out what that worst is.

1 Like

I fear being homeless or broke. Also while my parents are alive I want to show them that I can put up a nice fight despite the illness. I also want to have a girlfriend and I may be getting very close to reaching that goal :grin:

2 Likes

Some personal development gurus state that the right mindset is one of love and abundance, not fear and scarcity. But when I’ve been jobless for 4 years, totally dependant on my parents who themselves barely get by, it’s hard not to cling to my job and not to have fears.

2 Likes

The only book I read was helpful is happiness trap check it

1 Like

Ok I will look it up. Thanks.

1 Like

It’s based on acceptance and commitment therapy act. Writes about how it’s not good to control our thoughts

I read 3rd half of it and I understood how there is no easy ways for achieving success

Sadly that is true. Many normies struggle, financially speaking. I have a good job now but getting laid off would complicate things. I tend to overthink and overreact to negative events in a self destructive way. I need to cultivate self acceptance and compassion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.