What most helped you within Psychosis

Within the tricky moments of our experience’s what has helped you to overcome your most alone and dark moments, whether it be feeding into psychosis or attempting to deal with the daily disruptions.
What or who in your life have helped or assisted you.

1 Like

Meds and psychiatrists obviously. No magic.

2 Likes

Medication, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), conventional therapy, and a recovery oriented attitude.

2 Likes

Medication and abstaining from drugs/alcohol. Sleeping a lot. Remembering that relapses are only temporary.

4 Likes

Risperdal and whatver i was on when i lived in manchester.

1 Like

I have a little experience with psychosis because i had so many episodes. I learned a lot of relaxation exercises and something like mindfulness. The shared contributions on the forum help. In time i got kind of educated. The best for me is living by myself and i don’t have to explain to anybody my weird emotional behaviour, outbursts of laughter or tears. The best is when i don’t have to interact with anybody. I know the psychosis will pass, i believe my psychosis is processing or comprehending information, losses, grief etc., the weird things happening around me (domestic violence for example).
I have been told being drunk on alcohol is a state of psychosis you got to sober up from. A lot of times alcohol was involved in an episode, but some clowns reported me.

1 Like

Meds, meds and more meds. Plus lots of effective coping skills. Plus a regular routine. It all seems to keep me in remission.

Keeping notes, a journal or diary if you want to keep it simple. But my notes are somewhat quantitative, scientific (meaning objective, impartial, third person, empirical, de-identified, very explanatory so I don;pt get lost over time) and date annotated. I eventually developed something called “1sdt Person Transcripts” that I use to chill my AVH / VH (voices) with great effect. These in addition to notes about experiments I have conducted, have given me huge relief from negative affect, a sense of purpose and accomplishment, and a feeling that all the pain and suffering is justifyable by referring to alturism and gratitude.

1 Like

Avoiding marijuana and alcohol

1 Like

my mom most but when i first got sick i had a friend i would go to

now thinking about my family mom and most of all what would happen to my dogs

knowing im in psychosis for so long i know when im si and hi so i goto the hospital cause i cant trust being strong enough not to listen to command voices