What med helped with paranoia?

When I was on Modecate it helped with the paranoia but had loads of unwanted side effects. Now I’m on Olanzapine - I’ve got fat - negative symptoms - and paranoid - I don’t mind continuing with Olanzapine - ANYONE HERE TAKE IT IN COMBINATION WITH ANOTHER MED - WHAT’S A GOOD MED FOR THE PARANOIA?

Latuda for me helped a good bit but the akathisia was some sort of restless hell

1 Like

That was why I came off the Modecate - don’t fancy going back to it.

1 Like

I’ve been reading that Ambien is compatible with Olanzapine - but Ambien has a long, long list of side effects - so maybe less is more. This paranoia is like a scratched record - around and around constantly repeating itself - and I am sick of it - I CAN’T IGNORE IT EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT’S RUBBISH - IT’S LIKE A WORM IN MY BRAIN!

I take Invega/Xeplion shots, and the paranoia is continually fading.

2 Likes

my med helps me with most things and has few side effects but i take a really low dose, maybe it only works that way for me though, have a nice day.

1 Like

haldol was the very best for me w/ paranoia, but the side effects were horrid. i couldn’t put a sentence together. no memory, etc. next was thorozine, but it effected my diabetes blood sugars, so i couldn’t stay on it. i’ve been on clozeril for 14+ years and it helps a lot w/ the least amount of side effects. i’ve never gained a pound on it and have even gone higher than the highest dosage when i’ve needed to (500mg/day). still i battle w/ paranoia almost every day, but it is much much better than it ever was.

1 Like

Saphris helped me a lot with paranoia, but I gained 100 pounds in less than 6 months and had to put an end to that. I’ve found that pretty much all second gen antipsychotics cause rapid weight gain for me, so I stick with Haldol even though it causes me to be pretty flat, feel dumb, and have memory problems.

2 Likes

Gabapentin seems to be helping me and no bad side effects. Also, be careful of things you read or watch as they can cause paranoia.

2 Likes

This is good for anxiety - and lower anxiety means less stress, which typically means less paranoia.

Perhaps talk to your doctor about it:

1 Like

Gabapentin also helped my paranoia, but it made me totally high so I couldn’t drive or go to work while I was on it. Now I take Geodon, and it works great with no weight gain. I also am careful about sites I visit or shows I watch, because those can heavily influence my thinking. I watched an episode of Ancient Aliens a while back and was freaked out for days.

I also have to be careful talking to my brother because he is really into conspiracy theories. After visiting him, I have to mentally check myself and remember that so far none of his crazy beliefs have turned out to be true.

2 Likes

cj9556, That’s exactly what I’m talking about I was reading lots of news and conspiracy theories and started to believe it all I became very sick and paranoid and yes even ancient aliens can get to me. That’s why I say if you’re sensitive or vulnerable then be careful what you read and watch it really matters.

2 Likes