What makes you get out of bed?

Everyday, I wake up feeling like someone smashed my head.

(Dont get me started if I take a clonazepam the night before)

Just pop in a nicotine lozenge and I feel alive and well.

1 Like

My alarm wakes me up. My cat wakes me up because he wants to get fed. Finally, my job gets me out of bed because I need at least 2 hours of prep time before my work shift starts. I get out of bed because I have to get to work to pay my bills. Plus, feeding my cat breakfast is so awesome, heā€™s soooo happy when breakfast is ready.

Habit. You get in a good routine and you just do it! I try to do my 11,500 steps as early as possible. If I get up at 4 am I can do that till dad gets up. Still. If I sleep in I get up before 5am so itā€™s all good! :slight_smile:

Routine is great for the sz mind. Try taking pills same time everyday. Do regular things like eating and exercise at same times.

1 Like

The fresh promise of a brave new world.

2 Likes

Even the single idea ā€œgetting upā€ will excite me from the state of laying in bed. I like to to be alive, which means getting up and doing something. I guess I am highly motivated. My worst enemy is fatigue which means after getting up I am easily tired and need a break.

1 Like

Nothing makes me get of bed. Sometimes because i got to go to the toilet but i get back into bed. I think I am f(u)cked to the delight of certain people. Never mind thatā€™s because i am on a disability support pension. I got some internal pains, would be great to kak it soon. At least i didnā€™t suicide. Somehow deep inside i enjoy it otherwise i would change i guess. Maybe its like being in a wheelchair even when i want to get out of bed I am not able to.

Usually my bladder. If weā€™re being honest.

1 Like

Not much will convince me to get up out of bed anymore, which is unfortunate for me.
This world has taken on a grey, gloomy atmosphere that has got me wanting to close my eyes and not open them again.

1 Like

Today I washed my car. Thatā€™s an accomplishment, right?

4 Likes

Yes it is. I done the trash and handwatered the garden.

2 Likes

Cool. You donā€™t have negatives?
One year ago I had severe negatives, lethargy, avolition, anhedonia etc.
This year, I have mainly positive symptoms.

1 Like

Basically toilet or food, and then back to bed. Thatā€™s the effect of losing all of my emotions, interest and will.

I donā€™t lay on bed, except for sleep.
But I lay on couch all day. Not as bad as last year, but I stare at the ceiling

My father called me lazy because I was not in the mood for washing my car, some days ago.
Little he knows about my struggles

1 Like

Lots of parents to the Sz donā€™t do research on the illness of Sz, the antipsychotics and its side effects. They act as if they knew this illness well enough.

1 Like

Yes, and every time I want to ā€œteachā€ them the kinds of symptoms, the prognosis, the side effects, they just donā€™t care

Work. Itā€™s a 4 letter word.

1 Like

A Dominatrix with a whip maybe. The nurses with their rubbergloves made me have a shower once.

Itā€™s just like I canā€™t sleep any longer or I probably would stay asleep.

1 Like

Taking a shower and drinking coffee. Going out maybe.

1 Like