What life lessons has sz taught you

what life lessons has sz taught you

To live in the moment.

3 Likes

I’ve discovered that when you drop your sandwich on the kitchen floor, odds are 90% it will land peanut butter side down. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hallucinations are often not real.

3 Likes

to calm down, and not to make a mountain out of a molehill.

4 Likes

It has taught me to be more empathetic than I used to be.

You never know what someone might be going through

Sometimes I kick myself for not remembering that hard learned lesson

5 Likes

That not everyone is invincible.

3 Likes

Never give up things can get better

You need to experience the bad in order to appreciate the good

Self reflection is important

Don’t lie because you don’t like it and don’t have secrets where possible because it feels uncomfortable to keep secrets

2 Likes

That absolutely EVERYTHING in your life can go wrong and you can still come out great on the other end.

5 Likes

Ive learned that having supportive, uplifting people in your life is important, and not to waste energy on relationahips where people didn’t give back.

6 Likes

Very good point @Ninjastar. I need to internalize that.

1 Like

Be grateful for what you have, things could always be worse

4 Likes

SZ gave me the advantage of not fearing death over healthy ppl. I have no life to loose now.
Healthy ppl are always scared of death because they will loose family, money, their house etc

1 Like

just because I’ve been taught things, doesn’t mean I’m learning.

I’d like to tell that to over half the teachers I’ve had.

3 Likes

Take the pills. Get involved in your treatment and strive for better function.

2 Likes

To have more empathy towards others with mental illness and other chronic conditions
That I need God and prayer
That I know who my true friends are
That there is hope
That dark times do pass

2 Likes

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket

Life can change in an instant

2 Likes

Not to get stuck in things. Life is constant motion, and it truly happens in the state of “flow”, where you are clicking on all cylinders, and whatever you’re doing just works. Coversations are fluid, creativity manifests into reality, and life just feels lived.

@Butterfly, I half agree with you, but the part about “no secrets”. I feel everybody is entitled to mental privacy. It’s something I am aiming for in my life.

1 Like

In the ten years prior to getting hallucinations and delusions, I dealt with bipolar depression. I would be so incredibly depressed. What’s amazing and somewhat ironic is that since i developed schizophrenic symptoms and received the diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder, I’m no longer depressed. I see the positives in everything and I guess I simply don’t have time or energy to spare to be depressed.

When I go several months without mean voices I’m a real pleasure to be around. I’m bright, cheery, and very easygoing. It sucks that it took me developing a psychotic illness to realize that wallowing in self pity was a waste of time, but that’s basically what happened.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with you. But for me personally I have this thing where I’m afraid to say so many things and it does me more harm than good. It’s a self esteem thing. Doesn’t mean I should say absolutely everything. That’s why I said no secrets, where possible, as in, some things make sense to keep private.

1 Like