What kind of information about schizophrenia you think every people should know?

What do you think, guys?

2 Likes

I would like for people to know

It is traumatizing
It is a silent illness (sometimes very difficult to spot and know)
People who are ill, need so much support during an episode

it has nothing to do with violence or capability :frowning:

7 Likes

i would like people to know the symptoms, how it effects people with it, etc to dispel stereotypes and misconceptions about what it is and how its sufferer’s act

3 Likes

I would like people to know how to detect schizophrenia. For example, if a person is having some weird habits, people would be able to detect it as a sign of schizophrenia, so the disease can be prevented. But more information about this disease is necessary.

3 Likes

We aren’t all dangerous criminals argh :triumph:

6 Likes

The AP drugs don’t make you ill

3 Likes

What the symptoms are besides just hallucinations
That psychosis isn’t just a schizophrenia thing; many disorders can have similar symptoms
And…everything else previously mentioned

4 Likes

I want everyone to know that it can be pure unadulterated hell.

4 Likes

The majority of us are not violent or dangerous. We want to be left alone to work, go to school, have friends etc. We just got unlucky and got this disease but we are still more similar to you than we are different than you.

4 Likes

Aftercare when a patient is discharged, I feel a lot of people are just released out of hospital and left to rot away in their communities with no help or stimulation.

2 Likes

We can’t just snap out of it.

4 Likes

It’s a disorder of thought and perception. It’s not about multiple personalites. Not all of us suffer from voices but we all suffer.

4 Likes

great answers from everybody!

1 Like

What I want people to know is that schizophrenics honestly can’t help themselves, and that the best way for other people to handle schizophrenics is to not get emotionally drawn in to a mad person’s antics, but rather detach and keep a good emotional distance from the behavior of the schizophrenic. I know it can be hard to detach sometimes, but that is the best course to take, if it’s possible.

1 Like

First, that I’m not deaf, so no need to shout, I’m standing right next to you.

Second, I’m not stupid so there’s no need to slow your talking way down and down and enunciate every word.

Third, don’t be afraid to stand next to me, I’m not going to bite you, I don’t taste pepple to often.

1 Like

We’re not dangerous. Even if I have homicidal thoughts I’m not going to act on them. I’m not a monster!

I’m not going to break down or blow up if you bust my balls.

1 you can talk about my illness, it won’t somehow ‘trigger’ me into going wacko

2 psychotic is NOT the same as psychopathic

1 Like

It’s no use trying to figure it out.

1 Like