What keeps you going when it gets bad

I’m going through a rough time which unfortunately happens way to frequently. I’ve been extremely depressed about my situation with this disease. I just hit 10 years with it so I’ve spent 1/3 of my life now in what feels like hell. I guess I’m just looking for words encouragement or maybe some advice. What do you do when things are bad?

Sleep. Go to bed early. Every morning you wake up is a new day.

2 Likes

They get bad a lot. I just keep doing what I usually do. Surf the internet or go out to eat or for a drive or sometimes to the park or over my sisters. Or clean. Or I’ve been cooking a lot lately. Or homework. @TomCat is right, every day is a new day, I might feel bad but there’s always a chance I’ll feel good.
41 years here.

2 Likes

there are no easy answers. when I was 10 years in, my primary focus was to find a suitable job. i knew if i could just throw my focus to something that wasn’t about the disease, i could at least distract myself to the crap that was happening in my head. 10 years later, i work part-time, go to the gym regularly, and am trying to go back to school. it’s cliche to say it gets better with time, but it does. sometimes at a snail’s pace.

2 Likes

Excercise, take medications regularly, sleep early and basicaly try to engage in meaningful activities and self-care. I assume you have a psychologist already.

1 Like

Music. Non-judgemental, and I feel the pain of many artists who express theirs…

Not that they have a choice, but it breaks me from my loneliness being able to hear others, and relate so heavily to music in the way that I do

Since I have a music streaming service, my scope of music has increased greatly, as I can download anything and it doesn’t cost me £10 an album for something I might not like…

1 Like

Keeping busy and taking care of my GF and cat.
I have noticed that as time went on, things got better and better.
Always take your meds as directed.
Avoid drugs and alcohol, or at least practice moderation.

1 Like

I keep remember my visual hallucinations when bad things happen.

music and movies =D

2 Likes

I try and keep a positive routine of stuff I do every day. Morning with coffee, put on nicotine patch, take a shower. Then make lunch, movies, music, stretching etc. writing or journals at night.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.