What job would you really want to do (if you weren't ill)

I used to manage group homes for adults with developmental disabilities and I would want to go back to doing that. Maybe go back to school and get my degree and be director. But probably not. I like hanging out with the residents.

4 Likes

If I had different circumstances I may have become a librarian. Or a writer. Maybe an artist too. Still working on the last two but sz gets in the way. Motivation levels still bad. So at the moment I’m just a housewife.

4 Likes

If I hadn’t gotten sick I would be a Captain for a major airline by now. Wanted to fly for United or Cathay Pacific out of Hong Kong.

3 Likes

Why Cathay Pacific?

I had a friend who worked for them so I knew somebody. You could be stationed in Los Angeles and I flew their 747 simulators in Hong Kong when I went for a visit.

I lived in Japan for three years when I was in the Marines and flew a King Air B200 all over Asia. I really enjoyed it.

3 Likes

I want to become a reputed civil engineer. I have all but not reputation. How I will do. Its my dream job. Its all because of SZ illness other wise I was good in study.

1 Like

I would like to lecture (uni) in sociology and train horses for a living. I’m good at both but despite doing a lot better these days I’m not ready for full time work. Maybe one day… I write too, and would love to make money doing that but it’s hard to get anywhere in that field. I have had work published but I’m not making much money out of it.

1 Like

Famous singer. Or a dancer. Something with theater.

3 Likes

Something in the science or art fields. Well, that sure doesn’t narrow it down much! I love animals so maybe working at a shelter. I am soon going to start volunteering at a shelter. I love writing and literature too. I am passionate about the environment. I want to do something to make the world a better place for sure. I’d be a politician too for that reason, but I am not one to be in the spotlight. I am into neuroscience too and physics and philosophy. All this is true when I can concentrate, which I cannot.

1 Like

I really want to be an illustrator. I want to write and illustrate children’s books, as well as some graphic novels.

But, it apparently requires a long education and a lot of self-promotion, and the job oppurtunities for illustrators are rare in my country.

4 Likes

I would teach knitting and crochet.

When I was teaching a friend how to knit, I discovered that I really enjoyed it.

The thing is I don’t have good verbiage so like lectures aren’t my thing, but knitting/crochet is very hands on, so it would really suit me.

I’d also like to produce music, mostly beats and electronic stuff because that’s what I’m into.

2 Likes

I wanted to be a doctor but had my daughter before that. Then when she got to school age I started having all kinds of problems.

2 Likes

Book illustration and show my paintings in galleries…

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies!

I honestly didn’t think this thread would get so many replies.

I want to say you all have amazing talents and aspirations.

May all your dreams come true. :blush: :v:

5 Likes

I would be an advocate for elderly people and people living with disabilities. I would help families find and apply for all the services they need to live happy, healthy and productive lives. I worked as an eligibility worker for the DSS years ago and I loved helping people so much. And I always wished I had someone to help me find needed services when I was struggling to raise a child with disabilities.

2 Likes

You have a good heart @Leaf.

Take care. :v:

1 Like

A wildlife ecologist, a syndicated columnist, an anthropology professor, a psychotherapist, or a personal trainer.

1 Like

Musician would be my dream job. In an orchestra, in a band and solo.

1 Like

Best-selling author about disaster, death, and prey, mixed with Buddha and Foucault.

3 Likes

If I didn’t have sza, I would have probably stayed in the nursing profession which is what I was doing before. I worked as an R.N. for 8 years, from 1985 to 1993.

2 Likes