What job would you do that you can't do now, if you weren't mentally ill?

i’d be a nurse or a lawyer.

so many jobs require no serious mental illnesses or full time work to get licensed.

what about you, what would you be?

4 Likes

Do you know how boring being a lawyer would be?

Do you know how stressful being a nurse would be?

You gotta be glad some things passed you by. It all works together for my good.

Cheers

1 Like

If I didn’t have any cognitive/negative symptoms, I think I would enjoy computer programming of some sort.

2 Likes

I wanted to be a Dr before sz.

3 Likes

An Interdimensional Time Traveller or a Witch…or maybe a Pegasus .

3 Likes

Tip of the hat. :tophat:

1 Like

Being an RN is stressful to the extreme. Can’t be stated enough. I know. I was one.

I lost my nursing license due to my sza illness.

2 Likes

If I didn’t have sza or sz, I would be a sales person. Probably pharmaceuticals.

3 Likes

I think I would like to be a psychologist or therapist. It would be too much work now, and too much stress for me, but I think I would enjoy it. I’m not too sad that it’s not gonna happen though.

1 Like

Probably mathematician but would probably switch over to physics, computer science, electrical engineering, or something. Maybe finance and be a day trader or high frequency trader or finance. I lost my abilities big time. I always liked entrepreneurship stuff like being a business owner. I had a lot of potential. It’s hard because my brain was the only thing going for me.

3 Likes

A left of centre politician.

2 Likes

I wanted to be a doctor. Now I struggle just being a nurse.

3 Likes

I’d be an astronaut or doctor. I fiction write as a hobby, and I only last for an hour a day (sometimes two) doing that hobby. I guess I can live vicariously through that, but it’s not as satisfying. I’m getting tired of books.

3 Likes

I would be a computer consultant , desinger, network admin, engineer, repair tech. like i use to be … i miss my old jobs…

man the memories. brings tears to my eyes hope to my heart and warmth all over with this question

thank you for asking it.

2 Likes

I used to work as a Medical Receptionist before my diagnosis. If I had the choice and if I were able II would like to work as a Mental Health Support Worker.

I just wish I could go back to my old job- project management in higher education. Instead I’m contemplating working in a factory.

4 Likes

That’s a good one. I always wanted to program. I guess ‘coding’ is big in schools now. Idk what coding is though

I used to program games on my ti-83 calculator

2 Likes

I’d love to go back to being a chef. It was a back injury that took the career away from me.

3 Likes

I would love to retire but I don’t have much money I don’t have a dream job mayor of a city or town or therapist if I was forced to choose

1 Like