What job doesn't require me to talk to people

I can’t talk to people because of sz what type of job should I be looking for ?

3 Likes

I would recommend Garbage person… they don’t have to talk to anyone… I personally don’t know any other recommendation.

3 Likes

Website developer and photo design come to mind.

3 Likes

Data entry.

I started off as data entry role that converted into a payroll processing role. I still email clients but I dont talk on the phone at all.

3 Likes

janitor or security guard

3 Likes

Building things.
Or inventing things…
an artist…
dog walkers…
cat feeders…
finding all things shiny!
oh looky there- something shiny.

3 Likes

You could make things and sell them on Etsy but every job entails you at least communicate with people.

1 Like

Landscaping , building cleaning interior or exterior. Minimal talking to people in those positions you just get to daydream and work away in your own world

2 Likes

How do I start data entry do I need training or school for it?

I second web developer. Most work from home,but you need some HTML/CSS and database knowledge like SQL

1 Like

I can tell you it’s not the insurance industry. Let me know when you figure it out as I need one of these jobs, too. The closest I’ve come to this is truck driver. It was wonderful.

Done both. Have had to talk to people too much in both roles.

2 Likes

A lot of data entry jobs had openings when I applied through temp agencies. I got one where you just input numbers all day long. It was very low stress but it was FT and eventually the hours alone got too stressful for me.

1 Like

No, you just have to be able to type pretty quickly on a keyboard.

There are many data entry jobs on indeed.com.

1 Like

Overnight grocery store stocker. Not very glamourous or well paying but you don’t have to deal with too many folks.

3 Likes

On data entry how fast do you have to be. I hit a plateau in speed. I can never type over 40 wpm. You must be expert speller to type 60 to 80 wpm. I can get quicker on 10 key. I just have to practice more. I am looking more at janitorial. I don’t mind doing the dirty work. The jobs that the other people above me said are the main ones. I would also say dishwasher. Most unfortunately have at least minimal contact.

1 Like

I’m more of a blue collar type of guy because those jobs usually require no talking to customers, only your boss. I love warehousing especially night shift because no one is really there to talk LOL. I also enjoy construction of any type but I avoid those because of the stress, but since getting sick any stress messes me up but i manage. These are just ideas hope they help.

1 Like

A mime?! Lol! At some point you have to talk to someone in just about any job!
An artist
A dog walker
Lawn mowing
Grocery store stocker
Deliver newspapers
Fisherman
After hours worker at a veterinarian office taking care of the boarded animals
Dry cleaners working in the back
Garbage man (I hear they make good money)
Hotel maid service
Glass blower

Definitely not sales, insurance, administration, teaching, restaurant or therapist!

1 Like

Minimal talking to people with a paper route

I delivered papers for 3 months when I was 19. That was when almost every house got it. You never get a day off. Early mornings. Wear and tear on the car. A good job if your anti social like me. Unfortunately I don’t have a car anymore. Besides not that many people get the paper anymore.

The paper routes around here are advertised as part time. I will always get the Sunday paper because of the coupons.