What It’s Like to Look for Romance While Living With Schizophrenia

4 Likes

Romance and sz apathy don’t mix.

2 Likes

It’s like trying to sail a leaking ship in a storm while you’re bailing it out and juggling rabid squirrels at the same time.

2 Likes

People always trying to make me too sick to find romance.

1 Like

That was a great well written article but so Web MD cookie cutter, take your meds blah blah. They booted my cool blog off Web MD because I get too real about my illness sometimes over share and make sz look unflattering at times. They only want cookie cutter blogs. I’m just bitter though. :joy:

2 Likes

he’s blocked me, but I think there is no romance, and just fine with me, like I need pampering.

It’s interesting that the article mentions disclosing your diagnosis early on. I always thought I would try to hide that fact (not that I am trying to date anyone at the moment), but I guess that is probably not a good approach.

1 Like

Those articles are always written by women.

3 Likes

It’s a tough call. Back when I dated, if I admitted I had schizophrenia too early on, I’d get dumped immediately, or they’d make up some other excuse why they didn’t want to continue dating me. I have high-clarity, and it can be hard to tell I have the condition, so I don’t think it was my behaviour, but I could be wrong. I tended to attract the family man types—guys who wanted children—and I didn’t want children because I might give them sz (It’s a 1 out of 10 chance, I think), so that might have been part of the problem.

If I waited too long to admit to having sz, I’d get treated with hostility, and still get dumped. It’s like some of them expected me to put sz in my profile, so I don’t waste anyone’s time. “Crazy person looking for love! Run for the hills!” :laughing:

1 Like

lol i find it pretty easy, there’s plenty of fish in the sea. Im pretty quiet and stuff but most women find that “mysterious” :rofl:

“yup im definately mysterious and not just suffering from poverty of speech” :laughing:

My thoughts too. If it was written from the perspective of a man it would be entirely different.

1 Like