What it like not being able to read or write?

It must suck. I’m glad I can.

1 Like

I Googled it. It used to be common:

• The global literacy rate currently stands at 87%, up from 12% in 1820.
1 Like

I’d ask my cat but he can’t talk either.

1 Like

I think animals find it strange when they see us read. I think it’s for them hard to understand what we’re doing (so much) and find it interesting.

1 Like

Yeah and that could be the case for humans too. I remember my cat kept following a piece of clothe like it was a mouse I found it amusing.

1 Like

My friend has severe dyslexia and never learned how to read or write… he’s 53 years old and one of the smartest people I’ve ever met. He can hear or see something and he never forgets since he is an autodidact. Sometimes, tho, he gets mail or forms to fill out and has to ask someone to read it for him.

1 Like

I used to suffer both reading and writing due to a peculiar issue that is my teeth was malformed which caused speech smile eating issues which caused instability in jobs which caused financial issues which caused lot of disrespect and eventually not a good character to be with… Now I am trying really hard to overcome the obstacles that I went through and be at a position to help my family and society…

1 Like

A high proportion of the prison population cannot read or write. Quite often i used to write letters for people in barter for tobacco.

Cant imagine not being able too. I mean hell, how are you going to pay a bill when you dont know the amount on the letter lol.

I remember a guy who used to live at the group home who couldn’t read or write and was probably falsely labeled MR. He knew though when people were trying to take advantage of what he lacked and knew a lot about the World. He also attracted women like you wouldn’t believe. We sometimes got along and we often didn’t.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.