What is your opinion on artist?

Where I work is not a pretty area at all. But the sky is huge and it’s so beautiful! Every day there’s something gorgeous about the sky…

This is looking one direction from the parking lot at work.

6 Likes

Three more from work!

7 Likes

I’m an aspiring writer. It’s getting late in the day for me not to have my writing career more fully established. I recall reading about this guy who was an aspiring artist in Somerset Maugham’s “Of Human Bondage”. This guy has been in a painter’s colony guided by a painter of stature. The guy begins to doubt his aptitude for painting, so he asks his teacher flat out if he thinks he has the talent to be a painter, while they’re both sitting there drunk in a wretched cafe. The teacher tells him that he has some talent, but it’s still doubtful if he could make it as a professional artist. The guy asks his teacher if he should put more time into it, and the teacher tells him, “Just think, in you stay in it you can have all this” as he raises his hand and beckons to their wretched surroundings. Then the teacher tells him, “Get out! Get out while there is still time.” The guy decides to be a doctor instead.

1 Like

Thats cool <3 <3 <3

1 Like

It was my primary means of communicating during my psychotic episodes. I would draw what I was experiencing, or the way it made me feel.
Now, it’s more like an expression, less of a way to cry for help. More for fun.

2 Likes

Artist Rock

8 Likes

I love that style and the concept behind it who did it?.. and @Hedgehog I love that painting and those pictures are beautiful…

1 Like

Its one of my works. I like Hedgehogs stuff its cool

2 Likes

I want one of your paintings… lol would hang it in my room…

1 Like

I just sold this one two days ago. You can PM with an idea for something youd like if you want. The dolls are my copyright originals but I do lots of stuff.

2 Likes

will have to think on the idea for a bit… that is awesome you can make money doing something your obviously put much love into…will def pm you once I think of something good…

no biggie anytime its the only thing I enjoy doing

1 Like

Thanks, @flameoftherhine! And you too, @HifumiZero! I like your painting too. A doll in that style would be great. That’s awesome that you have the focus to create marketable and unique works of art like that.

1 Like

Its good therapy for me I have trouble expressing myself emotionally I do it through art . I just started painting again after 6 months feels amazing just me and a brush thats my happy place nothing else matters.

1 Like

In my writing of poetry sometimes it hurts too much to write out my feelings, but to let them out in drawing is easier. It’s nice.

1 Like

Poetry, I fancy myself in love with it.

Thats a beautiful statement and the reason for art I think to make life bearable

I’m a musical artist. I’m a composer and a pianist and keyboardist. I agree with @UnknownExistence that artist’s create art to express themselves. I know I do.

1 Like

I think artists are amazing, especially those that can draw actual people. They are truly gifted and blessed.

1 Like