Schizophrenia.com

What is your most hated holiday?

As we get older I think holidays lose some of their luster and can become a hassle. What is a holiday that you can’t stand anymore?

1 Like

August 15th, national Get Kicked in the Balls Day.

7 Likes

Rofl. You know whats funny? I looked it up and it’s real. You got the wrong date but its a real day.

6 Likes

Now that’s funny.

3 Likes

I think Christmas can be both one of the best(because of food) and worst(because of the pressure to shop for family and friends.) holidays. Christmas shopping can really be a chore, especially when you are buying for people who are hard to shop for. That’s why last year I gave out cash.

5 Likes

The 4th of July @Bowens. I already posted why

1 Like

I don’t hate the holiday itself. It’s fine, nothing wrong with its celebration, I can appreciate US history too.
I just had a really bad experience that year my cat died and hearing fireworks reminds me of that.

2 Likes

Yes, the fireworks can get quite annoying when people are inconsiderate and light them all hours of the night for sure as well.

1 Like

New Years Eve. I don’t even bother to go out.

3 Likes

I think I’m with @crimby on this one New Years Eve. I get really stressed. I don’t celebrate. I just fret about all the drunk driving going on.

2 Likes

Xmas. So expensive. Jesus never told anyone to celebrate His birth anyway

2 Likes

I hate every holiday, holidays were made for normies. Please change my mind

2 Likes

I absolutely despise Christmas. The next one will be especially bad as restrictions have been lifted and we can legally gather with in-laws again. I’m trying to plan escape routes already.

2 Likes

I love all holidays. Any excuse to do something special and be happy.

Well, if Black Friday counts as a holiday, I hate that one. I used to work in retail, as did many friends, and that day was pure hell for all of us. Especially when stores started opening up on thanksgiving night, meaning they coyldn’t even have dinner at a normal time with everyone else.

5 Likes

I don’t understand the point of queuing at physical retailers when the online shopping is so good these days. I’m sure Amazon delivery drivers hate me, however.

4 Likes

christmas is up there, labor day because all my cousins camp out in the lawn for the weekend and i have to socialize. 4th of july because of noise, my favorite holidays are new year’s eve and groundhog’s day.

3 Likes

Sunday because its the last day of the weekend before going back to work

Is it a holy-day? Yes.

2 Likes

I like the romanticism of Christmas but I’m not a big fan of family gatherings.

2 Likes

All the weird Jewish holidays I forget about.

I don’t mind the big holidays,

It’s the little, strange ones that sneak up on you.

1 Like

Unholy day because it means I have to work the following day. Depressing as @#$%.

2 Likes