What is your favorite state / city in America

Murphy, NC where I spent the most time with my Dad after my parent’s divorce.

1 Like

I’m not a big city person; I greatly prefer small towns and rural areas.

My favorite little town is a place you know quite well, @mjseu: Houghton, Michigan, where I lived for four years of undergrad. Brutal winters, mild summers, always beautiful with a charming small town atmosphere.

1 Like

I really like the Northern California Redwoods and coastline

2 Likes

I haven’t been to many. I like what I’ve seen of San Francisco. Someone on the street gave me my fortune there.

2 Likes

I liked the city I grew up in, Las Gatos, California. I doubt anyone’s heard of it. Maybe @Moonbeam.

As an adult I liked a city called Palo Alto. I was put there straight from the hospital. Lots of beautiful tree-lined streets. It was safe too, there was really no seedy or bad part of town. It’s right near Stanford University so the downtown area had lots of college kids. I lived in and around there for 6 years, I worked there for years and I got to know the city pretty well and knew my way around it. I’d like to live there again but I couldn’t afford it. The only way I got to live there was because I was receiving SSI and working part time.

2 Likes

I love România, its right next to Texas and Florida

2 Likes

I’ve never been to the USA, but i think i would like Seattle. Seems like a nice place to live.

1 Like

New York. I was there when I was 16 and I really liked it.

1 Like

Houghton was a nice place to study, still remember when there was a snowstorm in one winter Saturday evening and I went to the computer lab to use the BITNET to communicate with people in other places. That’s where I learned to use the Internet. It was a quiet and peaceful town to study.

2 Likes

I live very close România, if i make a right turn on my street, i’m there :rofl:

2 Likes

Wherever is hot and sunny. California?

1 Like

@77nick77. I’ve gotten to lnow Palo Alto visiting my brother
It’s not like it was 40 years ago
The old hippoes (hippies) and their businesses have been replaced as you said - by glitz and people in business suits amd high heels… I did see Chelsea Clinton walking down the sttret in ordinary clotjes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.