What is your experience of mental health tribunals

what was your experience

You mean for crimes? I hope to not have to deal with that.

1 Like

no these tribunals occur about 3 weeks after youve been involuntarily committed to a psychiatirc hospital…it is a review to determine whether you should be released or not…the tribunal has an independent psychiatrist and another professional and a layperson present to determine whether you should be released or not

2 Likes

I had to go in front of a judge and was assigned a lawyer in the hospital because I was involuntarily committed and remained there for weeks.

1 Like

Oh never had those here in Canada.

1 Like

Erm not good. I tried to appeal a hospilitisation but I had no capacity at the time… it was such a serious meeting and I burst out laughing… which was so inappropriate and I didn’t mean too :confused:

3 Likes

i didn’t like the tribunals… they made me very nervous and i felt weird sitting there with all the pdocs and nurses and such around me, and talking about me…

2 Likes

I only had a tribunal when I was 16. I’ve been to hospital so many times since then I don’t even know how many and I never had another tribunal. I’m so glad because it’s an awful experience. I’m sorry yours was terrible too @lekkerhondje

2 Likes

They’re reasonable.

I had to overstep them to get my way though.

If I didn’t do that I’d still be on injections.

What I did wasn’t entirely ethical, but I absolutely hated the injections.

I hope to be able to fix people quickly enough that they can demonstrate enough stability that a tribunal isn’t necessary to switch to oral.

I scribbled on a bit of paper
I thought the doctor next to me was communicating with telepathy
Mostly laughing my head off throughout the meeting
Didn’t hear a word of it
About 5 months into a 9 month stay

1 Like

thanks @CoCo

i hope i will never have to go in front of tribunal again… i hope i stay ok and can stay here at my home with mum and dad

3 Likes

Thats funny. 15 characters

They literally thought I was insane and it’s safe to say I lost my appeal :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, I can understand that. That insane laughter is the best. It pisses them off though

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.