What is your de-motivation like?

I have so many ideas of thing to do, clean and accomplish.

But the veil goes up. It is a simply depressing, no thanks.

I think I am going to do X, like study or clean and then my mind immediatlly shuts it down.

I call this the veil.

Is this a lack of my willing to suffer a bit?

Laziness?

Medication?

Alcohol?

Does anyone else have that immediate shut down of good positive motivational thoughts and ideas?

xxoo

5 Likes

I have shut down too. I get out of the bed to go do x, but then I have to use the restroom, get something to drink and have a smoke. By the time I do all that I’m ready to go lay back down again and I get nothing done. This can go on for days before I actually accomplish anything. But when I do actually get something done I feel so good about it. So I don’t understand what the problem is. Am I lazy? Is it the negatives? Is it depression? I don’t know, but I’m sick of it.

1 Like

I’m the same way in a lot of things. I can get myself to do so many things: wash my face, brush teeth, pray, meditate, practice piano, do yoga, read, volunteer, cook, pay bills. But, I can’t get myself to do so many other things like: bathe, do housework, change into pajamas at night, sift or change the litter box frequently, do laundry, unpack boxes. It’s an even split. So, I can be categorized more as eccentric than having amotivation.

I recently snapped out of that mode. I realized my husband was doing too much and he’s disabled too. So I started cleaning and doing laundry etc, I usually make dinner.

1 Like

I feel frozen. Stuck to my chair. Have so many chores and personal hygiene that never gets done. I wish it would all go away.

2 Likes

Ive got so bloody lazy - Call it negative symptoms, that ive employed a cleaner to do my flat for me twice a week. I basically crawl outta bed at 4am and sit in front of my servers all day long, just getting up to have a piss and put the kettle on for coffee. My motivation is non-existant.

Tho im writing a back-end for my linux server at the moment, so i may not be phyisically moving - at least im using my brain.

Im seeing my Debs upstairs tho (neighbour) and had a good chat with her tho for a couple of hours. I channel bonded our two internet connections - so at least she got fast speeds for her music - bless her.

Otherwise im sitting on my Arse.

1 Like

Sick of it also…!

1 Like

It’s 6 am over here. I’ve already walked 11,500 steps which is like over 100 minutes. I used to be very de motivated but invested in a fitness tracker. Started small and built up to 10,000 steps a day minimum. Lately I do about 30,000 with weights and other exercise.

As an aside, I’ve gone from sleeping 10 hours or so a day to under 8. Exercise can make a big difference for motivation. Well it has for me and I suspect for others if your regular with it.

3 Likes

Wish i was as motivated as you. Forgot your an Aussie mate! This bugger is off to bed! Its gone 9pm here - which is late for me.

I have to have at least 12 hours sleep - and i will drug myself up more during the night if i cant get it. My exercise at the moment consists of going to the corner shop for ciggies and milk.

1 Like

Started small @Naarai . Going down the shop. If weather good go around the long way and walk briskly. It really can help and if you’ve not much on you have the time!

2 Likes

How long have you been keeping your steps?

I did good for 2 months of early spring but now it is warming up and to sunny all of the time.

Plus lots of appointments and work lately so just off track hopefully.

1 Like

Been a well over a year from when I’ve started. Bought a cheap activity tracker and moved from there. It’s a work in progress but doing well.

Yes, I get a shut down response from myself a lot. I’m just guessing at this point but I’m thinking we are afraid of that critic who is following us and saying we’re not good enough so we don’t even try.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.