What is this? Good news? Spirulina platensis

4 Likes

It sais at the end Thus, from present findings it may be suggested that spirulina aids in ameliorating the psychosis-like symptoms induced by dizocilpine

There’s a discussion on it here:

2 Likes

Hey everhopeful! thanks for sharing that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Isnt that a plant like kelp and algae?

1 Like

Oh its blue algae.

1 Like

I wanna get back on minocycline for my lyme and negative symptoms dont know what else… anymore…

1 Like

I am asking my Dr about Strattera this 1 June. Its an ADHD med that boosts dopamine in the prefrontal cortex only so shouldn’t worsen pstchosis. Prefrontal cortex is respinsible for motivation, working memory, etc

Why not try the Rexulti @Aziz?
You never know.

Any signs of impulsivity then stop it right away.

Have your family monitor your behavior.

2 Likes

I will try Strattera first, if it fails, then Rexulti. Trying Rexulti is a bigger risk.

1 Like

Good luck, but there is still a chance that it can worsen psychosis/mania.

1 Like

Very promising. I think I will seek it out the next time I’m at the health food store.

Thanks for the Post!!

Strattera should be discontinued if symptoms of psychosis (such as hearing voices, believing things that are not true, being suspicious) or mania occur. Aggressive or hostile behavior may occur, therefore, monitoring for this type of behavior during Strattera therapy is recommended.

1 Like

Its possible but some users here were on Adderall which is the worse for psychosis of all meds yet they dont have psychosis. Its really weird how some ppl get side effects while others dont.

1 Like

Many here are on Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin has psychosis as a side effect yet my Dr prescribed it to me and I didn’t have psychosis during the month I was on it. I stopped it as it did nothing, I was still in bed all the time.

1 Like

Have you tried Geodon yet? @Aziz
Could be a winner.

1 Like

Its not a partial dopamine agonist.

Yeah I know.
Does it have to be?

1 Like

Yes as my negative symptoms are better on Abilify which is a partial dopamine agonist.

1 Like

You can certainly try it and see if your negatives improve a bit.

1 Like