What is the worse thing that happened to you during a job interview?

I have a job interview in a couple days and wanted to know what is the worst thing that happened to you in a job interview. The worse thing for me is that I came into an interview with dog ■■■■ on my shoes

3 Likes

I had a job interview and had bought a new pair of shoes for it, on the way to the interview the heal of one shoe came off :sob:

5 Likes

I was down to my last bit of money and really needed the job. So I went all out to impress and the guy more or less said that I was over qualified and I didn’t get the job.

1 Like

When I interviewed for a lab job I was interviewed by a group of people in a conference room.

It’s a long story, but in a nutshell the one guy said something that just made me snap, and I turned to him and said, “are you off your meds, or is there something else wrong with you?”

I ended up getting the job, anyway, so I guess it wasn’t such a bad thing, but yeah it seemed pretty bad at the time.

5 Likes

:astonished: I’m astonished ! Maybe my interview technique was wrong all these years lol.

5 Likes

I got the shakes really bad once, it was really embarrassing

2 Likes

Yeah, my first day on the job, upon walking into the main lab, that same guy came up to me and said, “I just want you to know I’m one of the people who voted against you.” ■■■■■■■ lol. My response? “That’s okay, I’m here anyway.” :joy: Yeah, I was bold lol.

4 Likes

I was applying for some job and was on an interview and I was really impressing them with my tale of being a published classical piano composer. Then, they asked me the date of my last job and I told them. (It had been many years). Then, they asked me what I had been doing all of that time. I told them I collected social security disability. They immediately dismissed me.:slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

I got the job…

5 Likes

Judging by the look on their face they didn’t like my answer to the question. So I didn’t get the job.

1 Like

So far, I’ve gotten every job I’ve ever interviewed for… I am so awkward socially, under real-life circumstances, but when it comes to getting a job that I want, I somehow know what to say.

1 Like

I was interviewed by a woman who used to have the hots for me and had recently gotten married to someone else.

1 Like

Years ago i went for a temping job in a sandwich factory - but unfortunatley had alot of real ale the night before - so farted and stunk out the office while i was being interviewed. The look of disgust was priceless. No - they never called me back.

1 Like

The worst interview was for my current job. The manager kept on asking me psychological questions like “what is your opinion of men” or “why does a person have to work”. I got so angry I kept on telling whatever and thought they would never hire me. But they did :slight_smile:

That’s a bunch of ■■■■!!

1 Like

You know those silent farts you can’t hold in? I had those one day when a really cute guy was over at my house. I had a big crush on him. I was hoping he would fart so we’d be even (joking)

2 Likes

One time I had to take a polygraph for a job. I ran five miles in 95 F heat before I took the test because I thought it would relax me. I would get drenched in sweat when I did that kind of thing, and I would keep sweating for a long time after I stopped. That must have totally messed up my skin resistance. I sweat very easily anyway. After I took the test the manager called me back in two hours saying they had hired his cousin.

Why a polygraph

It was a convenience store, and if a store clerk starts copping merchandise, especially beer, it can hurt them badly. I was a recovering alcoholic at the time.

That’s really weird to have a polygraph. I was thinking maybe it was a government job.