What is the ideal life anyway?

For me, it would be to retire somewhere, that is warm all year round and NO SNOW!!! I’m at a point just lying around the house all day is fine, One room apartment would be great

2 Likes

I don’t have to work and still make money and have an RV and travel around Europe with my wife, son, and 4 cats :slight_smile:

3 Likes

that ideal life description is oddly specific…

four cats…

I guess if I’m realistic…
A woman to love and love me in return… Fancy that notion.
A small home out in the woods, or mountains, somewhere natural and remote at least, away from clusterf&ck society.
And just living life as we pleased, no restrictive pay-by-the-hour job.
But, I’ve sort of just accepted that my life sucks and will likely always suck.
The dark universal beings have got other plans for me; I’m connected to them and a part of them.
I just ride the transformative waves of this dumb human flesh.

I would live in an oceanfront house with a stretch of private beach, within walking distance to lots of fun places. I would work as a speech therapist in a school for kids with special needs and have lots of beach parties. My family would live about a half hour away, and we would see each other all the time. I would have two children, both names after constellations, and Mr. Star and I would be able to take them on a fancy vacation twice a year.

3 Likes

A new litterbox each day? Lucky cats…and you.

@Ninjastar,
Where on earth does one go on a fancy vacation when you live right there on an oceanfront property with a stretch of private beach.

All over the world! Italy, Ireland, Belgium, England, wherever!

Not every vacation would be fancy, though. I love camping most of all.

2 Likes

Somewhere deep down i’d want to live an extremely natural, rural, communal life. Somewhere in nature, in a small community, with my child, my family, a husband and some close friends. Somewhere warm and sunny and with beautiful nature around. Building my own house, growing and collecting our own food, making our own clothes. Amish style, but with less strict rules and beliefs and more freedom. In reality nobody I know would want that, not even my son would want to move with me, and i’d probably be too clumsy and bored to death in a month or so. But still it is what I dream of.

1 Like

The ideal life is having a meaningful job. Either paid or volunteer. Praying several times each day. Having a group of friendly acquaintances in your life. Having at least some loving family. Exercising each day. Having a creative outlet. Mindfulness meditation each day. Eating healthy food each day. Getting enough restful sleep each night. Doing something you love each and every day. A cocktail every now and then.

2 Likes

#perfectly said!

The ideal life, to me, is the good life, the virtuous life described in the book “A guide to the good life,” which is a book about stoicism. To me, it is all a matter of virtue in the ancient greek sense of the word. A life well lived would be one similar to that described by Marcus Aurelius in his meditations.

Thank you very much for your words of appreciation!

1 Like

According to my son, the ideal life would be the one where people work only at weekends and kids go to school one day in week.
:slight_smile:
The ideal life is one that I’m satisfied with. :angel:

Recently I read a quote by Jim Carey, and it says: I wish that everyone could be rich and famous for once, so they could see that it is not the answer.

3 Likes

I think if I could figure a few things out like having a solid religion or philosophy would clear a few things up. But I’m happy I’m within walking distance of a library so that’s one less thing. Quite literally that small town library has saved my life. I’m thankful for that library.

1 Like

Ditto on this description of skinnyme. Except i like good dry red wine now and then. Lol btw i dont know what happened with the quote. I was trying to reply to skinnyme.

well the happy part is important id say for me the life that I wish to have I cant cause medical probelms