What is the difference between pastime and addiction?

They talk a lot about the dangers of social media/internet addiction… I´ve never payed attention. Since I stopped playing videogames I spend all my freetime watching youtube or reading the internet. I need to move abroads for the next year soon, and I don´t have too much to do on a daily basis.

I don´t really know if this is inherently bad, or just excessively precautionist.

Where do you draw the line between pastime and addiction?

1 Like

I think its an addiction only if it harming you

3 Likes

I think im addicted to my phone. I cant even let it charge the whole way before i want it again. If you cant go a day without it or even an hour. You are probably addicted. Its not really a unhealthy addiction though. So i dont care.

3 Likes

I think theres such things as healthy addictions as well as unhealthy addictions. A healthy addiction could be working out. An unhealthy addiction is like smoking a cigarette or having to yell at fat people when you see them.

2 Likes

Im spending 12-15 hours a day on the internet. But i would bloody laugh at them if they said i was addicted. What you expect me todo, im a shut-in, twiddle my bloody thumbs all day? lol.

3 Likes

What about read a book. Or sit outside and watch the birds. Or clean. Or cook. Or do dishes. My dad uses internet for 30 mins a day and he is retired

2 Likes

I do read alot on a Kindle, and i have audible books as well. Its a bit of a task for me at times to go out, especially with the long daylight hours. Its just how i deal with things. When winters here and its darker, i will probably go out more.

And im lazy - i employ a cleaner :smiley:

1 Like

Oh. I couldnt afford that. My dad cleans. Im literally on my phone all day.

2 Likes

well, Kratom doesn´t seem to have many side effects when the dose is reasonable. But it causes withdrawal.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.