What is the best and worst purchases you've ever made?

Worst purchase was a Asus netbook while I was deep into psychosis. The computer had a defect with the mouse pad. I wasted the money. I gave the netbook to my niece. This was several years ago. I don’t think it got much use.

My worst purchase was a 550 cc Kawasaki triple cylinder two stroke engine motorcycle. I’m sure it was hot when it was first sold, but that kind of engine runs very hot, and the bike vibrates a lot. By the time I got it everything had vibrated loose. Kawasaki made a two stroke 750 cc engine, and I heard the thing was wild, before it fell apart. My best friend in the army said he was so glad I was not drinking while I had that motorcycle because I would have killed myself for sure.

My best purchase was a $500 water ionizer. Drinking a gallon a day for the past two and a half weeks has made my chronic, hellish headache bearable, so now it’s more of a 3.5 out of 10 rather than a 7, on the pain scale.

My worst purchase has to be thousands of dollars in ecommerce courses that I didn’t get much benefit out of. Wish I had parked that money in bitcoin instead.

How does the ionized water thing work? Why do you think it will help? Seems like a fad.

The ionized water is where the water is passed through electric plates that electrolyze the water and separate it into acidic, low pH and alkaline, high pH water. The difference is measurable with a pH meter. The alkaline water is healthy and can facilitate healing, but the acid water is for other, non-internal uses.

2 Likes

My best purchase was a $100 spot cleaner for carpet.

That thing has cleaned endless little messes and keeps going.

My worst purchase was probably a couple thousand dollars worth of products to make my own skin care line. I was psychotic when I decided to start experimenting with them in hopes of opening a business.

I made a massive mess and wasted so much money.

1 Like

Best a computer, worst a computer.

1 Like

Both my best and worst purchases were houses. My best was a cute little rancher I got right before a housing boom. I bought it for $132k when I was 19, and when I sold it two years later, I made $60k. Fast forward six years. Housing market was down, and I bought a house that seemed like a great deal. It turned out to be a nightmare of repairs. The oil and electric bills ran over $1k a month. It was nuts. I wish we had gone with a more affordable townhouse that was maintenance free. Now I don’t own a house at all!

1 Like

I agree. Houses. I bought a house in Southern California for $510,000 in 2004. It was one of those creative financing loans. Then the bubble popped and it was worth less than half of that in 2008. The stress of that is part of what contributed to my schizophrenia. I had to short sell that house a few years ago but it’s finally almost worth what I paid for it now. So maybe I should have hung on. That mortgage payment was killing me though.

I got a good deal on the house I bought in Texas though. I am actually making money renting it out. Only like $500 a month but every little bit helps. And I get to deduct it on my taxes. If I sold it I could probably pocket fifty grand.

I am looking to buy another house though as I currently live in a rental. Just haven’t decided where yet.

My best purchase was I dunno I think most decisions I’ve made so far were good ones. The most recent best purchase was probably the fridge.

My worst purchase… a bra I got online that doesn’t fit me. I had no energy to return that item. I can’t use it for any other purposes.

when I met my ex wife she owned her own home and took out all the equity and was just blowing it…on top of that her sisters said we should move to Oklahoma, so what did we do? we rented out her house and bought another one in Oklahoma…supreme shame and guilt over this decision…alas we were both delusional. no wonder we divorced…I think she was bitter. we had a half million dollar bancruptcy over the two houses eventually…

1 Like

Best:

1. College education
  2. PS4
  3. Ninja blender
  4. Didgeridoo

Worst:

1. $1400 for OTR trucker training
2 Likes

My best purchases are ones my partner technically made that is kaisei and Jasper.

Worst probably the boy band CDs i bought for my partner from Goodwill. She doesn’t listen to them i think they suck

1 Like

The worst purchase I ever made was mutual funds in the year 1999. I quickly lost half my investment in the stock market crash of 2000.

The best purchase I ever made was when I paid off my mortgage loan on my house soon after I bought it.

1 Like

A gtx 1080 video card. $850 well spent.

Worst. Lot’s of really bad records and cd’s I took a punt on. Found some treasures but boy did I waste some money on shite I couldn’t even listen too once!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.