What is talent?

I’m of the mind almost anyone can learn a musical instrument if they practice and wonder if I ever had talent for it(?). I watched my older brother draw when I was a boy and learn to do it too. My brother is the genius of the family, though he has a desk job. He is smarter than I. Isn’t it just practice and not talent? Some people are more imaginative. I don’t know what to think? I’ve been writing, practicing guitar, and drawing all my life and I had a great imagination, but what is talent? Don’t let that question stand in your way!

3 Likes

3 Likes

I believe everyone has the capability of talent. I think it would be hard if you have neg symptoms. It just takes interest, passion and enjoying the process of say - drawing. But if you can’t or don’t enjoy it. Then you won’t draw and never will even if you think you want to draw.

I used to draw so easily and can spend 24 hours if I could - now I can’t.

2 Likes

I could draw for a million years and not be able to match most of the people with a natural talent for it. lol.

1 Like

Talent is just having a head start on a art or other form of skill, but just that’s all it is, a head start. Everyone else can pick up the skill, but it might just take them longer/ more practice to get as good as you.

3 Likes

Negatives just stinks and the worst of them are lack of joy in activities.

I got the pleasure back, but it took years of pushing at it.

1 Like

I got pleasure in reading back by reading slowly and carefully and starting at the beginning.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.