Schizophrenia.com

What is one thing you wish people knew

I wish “normal” people would understand my negative symptoms are a part of my illness. I’m not trying to be lazy. I want to be well.

13 Likes

I want people to know I’m trying. It’s a horrible feeling to wake up every day knowing that I’m trying my best and still feeling like a failure.

I’m cutting my hours down to 12 hours a week at work and I can’t even guarantee I can do 12. Its embarrassing. I dont feel like an adult. I dont judge other people who cant work, so I dont know why I judge myself.

I need to stop comparing myself to others, because as they say, comparison is the death of happiness.

3 Likes

I’m trying my best to encourage and be there for them, here.

2 Likes

I wish people would realize that everyone is a unique individual. We all have our challenges and graces. But we are judgemental creatures of the highest proportions. I guess it all starts with one person though.

4 Likes

Point taken. I guess it helps me to help others. I don’t have to think about my troubles for a bit.

2 Likes

That were not just crazy, we are human and suffer too.

1 Like

That I’m not someone who needs to be felt sorry for. I can handle having an episode, I don’t isolate at home, I am not about to die young of diabetes because I exercise… it’s not the crazy or dark life you’d imagine. Schizophrenia is manageable for me and is just a mental handicap.

1 Like

I’m tired and unaware of sh*t, it’s not an invitation to take advantage of me.

3 Likes

I wish “normal” people would stop treating me like a precious, fragile figure that would crack or break at the slightest pressure. I’m tough! I put up with a lot of s#*$, i can handle a lot more than you probably can!

3 Likes

I wish people knew I’m not dangerous.

2 Likes

I wish everyone knew what it was like to be everyone else.

3 Likes

LS! I wish people and especially those in Health Care understood that schizophrenia can not be cured or that it does not go away. Many times when I am doing great I get less help so I get a setback.

2 Likes

No the meds did not make me calmer, they made me lose energy!

2 Likes

me too. i wish that as well

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.