What is normal anyway....?

We live in a weird world… what is considered normal anyway ?

4 Likes

I don’t think it exists and if it does, it’s highly subjective! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

normal is just a matter of opinion

2 Likes

Normal is just a setting on the washing machine. People can’t be normal.

6 Likes

Normal is not crazy

2 Likes

My washing machine does not have a normal function ::weary:

2 Likes

Ask a normal person, "How are things? … In my neighborhood the reply is “Same old same old.”

I wouldn’t want to feel that way every day. That’s the terror of normalcy.

4 Likes

Pretty sure we would cut up and do experiments on the elusive normal person so we can turn everybody to normal.

Normal is not normal.

1 Like

Obviously normal means you have a cat or something like that and a debit card lol

3 Likes

Normal is being able to find peace with yourself at least when there is quietude.

1 Like

I think every single person on this planet has something that is abnormal about them so I don’t think there is such a thing as being normal.

Normal means people don’t know about whatever issues you may have.

I guess normal could be considered having no symptoms of schizophrenia ?

1 Like

We may hate the term but we all know what is normal and what is weird. We may not like it, but we know, nevertheless.

1 Like

Exactly. We might forget for a while when delusional, but when we’re well, we know all too well what is normal and not. Think of how easy it is to recognize a delusion in someone else when you’re well, and this all without proper investigation of the delusional claims! We know it 'cause we know what’s normal and what’s not.

1 Like

There is no such thing as normal. Everyone is weird in some way…

If we’re talking about what constitutes mentally well vs mentally ill, I’d say it should be based on perceived quality of life and/or functioning. If someone is in terrible pain or in some state of extreme emotion nearly all the time that negatively impacts their life (if they have no concrete reason to feel that way) or can’t function regularly because of it that is not normal.

I assume normal means free of a diagnosable illness or free from neurological deficits; healthy.

1 Like

Normal is what most people do, my behavior may be weird but in my situation it is normal.

1 Like