What is it like to have aspergers?

Mine is never gone. I’ve always got the susceptibility to crowds, social awkwardness. I can’t tune out distractions. That’s been constant for as long as I remember.

1 Like

The brother of a friend has aspergers and ocd.
His nerves and rage are out of control.
His parents can’t handle him. They are afraid of him. Sometimes he has psychotic way of thinking

1 Like

Biggest problem for me with crowds is navigating myself so I don’t bump into other people. It can be quite hard.

@anon90843118

1 Like

thankyou @firemonkey

I absolutely cannot abide being touched by people I don’t know. Too much of it and I flip my lid.

In other news, grocery delivery is awesome.

1 Like

I am suspected to have Aspergers but the testing here is so expensive.
I can’t even. I tried to ask but when my doctor mentioned the testing price, there was no way that my family could afford that.

I always take wrong cues from crowds and I have intense emotions that I can’t get out of. I was initially thought to have BPD but my therapist said I don’t have it. I don’t know, seems like there is no way for me to get diagnosed or get tested even.

1 Like

Me too. I hate getting touched by people. It makes me “blow up”- can’t find better words but that’s how it is.

1 Like

Neurotypicals will say we “melt down” or have “meltdowns”. In my case it’s having my fight or flight response activated, and I don’t flee from anything.

1 Like

I used to have frequent meltdowns as a child but now as an adult I learned how to mask them. But there are some days that I can’t just handle the overwhelming sensations and just have a meltdown. I listen to calming music when I feel really upset.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.