What is a successful moment you remember from the past or recent

I remember winning a multaplication contest in the third grade. You started at 1 times 1, then all the way up to 1 times 12. Then you go all the way to 12 times 12. I was the first to complete it.
I’m good with basic math, but terrible with college algebra. I had to drop out because I was flunking.

2 Likes

Getting 115% in a math exam. One girl got 120%, all the bonus! My teacher asked me if I wanted to get into math competitions and win serious money. I was 17 y.o. It was the last year of high school. Idk how education works in the US, in Canada its “secondaire 5”.

Then the year after I got into college. In college there is no bonuses, my average was in the 90s and the teacher asked me if I wanted to win 10 000$ in a math competition. My friend won a physics competition and 20 000$. He was #1 in Quebec, the first in the province. He had the grades to get in medschool but was scared of blood so he became an engineer, he works at an airplane company, he designs airplanes. My parents know his parents.

2 Likes

That girl was always in competition with me, she was in love with me her friends told me. I was shy. She was Romanian.

1 Like

I remember when we raced each other turning our math work in during elementary. It was always the same kids who turned in first. I was usually first.

The math I hate is geometry. I think it’s probably cause I missed a lot of school. That made it difficult to understand. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

My favorite math ever was college level algebra. It was really fun.

1 Like

I got 93% on the college graduate exam, used to be required for state jobs.

2 Likes

I was taking an online Humanities course. For our mid-term paper we had to write a 1000 word essay comparing the worlds three major religions. I think it was worth 200 pts. Not only did I get the full score but my teacher asked me if he could use my essay in all his future classes as an example of how an essay should be written.
I said yes.

4 Likes

I got a good job last year making more money than I had ever made. Unfortunately schizophrenia made me lose the job but it was still an accomplishment to get

I scored 100 in an innings once. I was batting for like 4 hours to do it and I got there. Not an easy thing but a great accomplishment.

4 Likes

Sounds daft - but finally getting a council flat for life. Over 13 years i was living in different shitty private rented accomodation with druggies for neighbours and people stealing me stuff.

I cried and hugged the housing officer when i finally had the keys. if i didnt get a stable place to live i reckon i wouldnt have been able to tackle my MI. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I got a G.E.D. in 2010.

I got 24.5 out of 25 in speaking at french exam

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.