What is a good member?

How would you describe a good member here on this community?

2 Likes

insert clever retort

It’s too early for sarcastic replies for me. Uhh, I don’t think it’s a competition. It doesn’t matter at all. People post what they feel like and if they cross a line the mods are there to do clean up. Everybody crosses the line sometimes.

3 Likes

Ok got it!
How would Moderators describe a good member? Except flagging and moderation i mean…

2 Likes

Oh okay, I wonder what you’re driving at.

2 Likes

It’s hard for me to communicate but I try my best. I guess I’m really not respected. Just trying to improve one day at a time. I just care about how much you try.

2 Likes

I mean the description of a good member?
In my opinion:

• they stay on topic
  • don’t post something bad/triggering/inappropiate or others
  • respects others opinions
  • dont attacks others or their reply
  • encourage others
    And the list can continue i guess, i think mods know better what a good member is but they are not online now i think @Coldcomfort
2 Likes

I think it’s not neccesary to have all badges to be a good member :slight_smile:

2 Likes

At a point i doubted my trusted level member, i thought i will be banned for a long time, or be made new user, so i’m trying to figure this out how to be a good member

2 Likes

@anon9798425 i could not invite you, yet i tagged you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are a fine member @anon51414962. You’ve never bothered me man. I’d be careful with some mocking threads though.

2 Likes

You are a good encouraging caring friend. Don’t devalue yourself @TheBest

3 Likes

I haven’t met a bad member. Sometimes people clash but that’s normal. It doesnt’ mean any one of them are a ‘bad’ member.

I think you’re funny @anon51414962. In a good way of course.

3 Likes

I think your definition is spot on. But bear in mind everybody has lapses with at least one of those from time to time. That doesn’t make them a bad member. It just means they may have made a breach. Doing something is not the same as being somebody. IDK maybe I messed that thought up. I think people know what I mean.

2 Likes

Is it really necessary to itemize a good member? Seems to me it’s intuitively obvious without having to use bullets, etc. Not to criticize, tho, @anon51414962. You do great, IMO.

3 Likes

Yes you’re right, i have my doubts sometimes that’s all

4 Likes

I think everyone here does good things, and everyone here makes mistakes sometimes. Including me and the other mods. I hate the idea of good people vs bad people, because it tends to go along with the idea that the “bad people” deserve bad to be hurt, or are somehow worth less. Every person on earth has value based on the fact that they are people, and people are valuable. Nobody deserves to be hurt. When someone has too much of a history of dangerous behavior, they need to be removed from the community to protect their potential victims. But they don’t deserve to be attacked or hurt. While they are removed, rehabilitation therapy might be possible.

7 Likes

Btw, closed this because it seems like a personal attack.

1 Like