What improved your confidence?

What improved your self- confidence??

1 Like

I would say over time and when given reassurance my confidence improved. Now Im a nurse.

3 Likes

being the guy in society.

self believe and focus

1 Like

Money and power make people feel confident in a sort of superficial way but nothing compares to the power that wisdom gives. Wisdom really is better than silver and gold.

Money can buy you 1000 troops, but with wisdom (i.e. tact, preparation, training, and understanding of your opponent) 500 can take 1000.

1 Like

Education, self-analysis and direct, immediate experience. I wasn’t born with a high level of personal confidence. It was acquired gradually over a period of time. There is no shortcut to get you there. You can’t read about it in a book. You have to live it.

3 Likes

writing incredibly great creative works
after being well read.

2 Likes

20 years being med compliant with no breaks. 20 years being in a stable relationship with my GF.

1 Like

Finding out my ego is unimportant which made me a great listener and taught me to appreciate more than act. Also dropping out of the belief we are in competition. Lastly, going throw the first pshycotic break. I was so broken it took me years but I put myself together and I am very thankful for going through such a humbling experience.

2 Likes

I just wanted to add, you start with confidence
but then it’s sometimes shot down.
gotta stay on your feet and fight the bas-ta-rds!

3 Likes

I had to hear from early childhood i am an idiot and s(h)it. I don’t have much confidence or selfesteem. I read lots of selfhelpbooks. My parents are toxic to me, but there is nothing i can do, they are my parents. One parent died one to go.

sad.
I don’t read self-help books.
you should have been reading fiction/novels.

2 Likes

Why novels and fiction?

because it improves you realizing and understanding the human condition.

1 Like

That is what the selfhelpbooks did.

ahhh, in my opinion, no.
it’s mostly preaching.

1 Like

They were nonreligious.

no bearing on religion.
okay, I’m done with this.

1 Like

I had a lot of therapy as well.

1 Like

positive affirmations and spirituality helps me a bit.

2 Likes