Home, About, Contact Us, FAQ

What if I get sick again? Worries

Sometimes when I try to sleep, I end up lying for hours in bed, worrying about different scenarios.
This time, I’m worried about what will happen if I get ill again.

I feel fine at the moment. I mean, I have a headache from being so tired, and I think I have a cold, but I don’t have loud voices nor anxiety or restlessness, and I’m coherent.

My worries are… What if I get ill again, what would happen? How would I get to a psych hospital, who would take me, would I be able to ask for help, would I make the person I asked for help worry, and would they believe me?
What if I cried? I almost never cry, especially in front of others. What if I can’t control my crying?
What if I end up being committed, and I’d have to quit my education once again?

What if I end up so afraid to ask for help that something bad happens?

And WHY do I all of a sudden worry about this when I feel fine?

Berru, you are an amazing person
I admire your insightful and thoughtful comments :smiley:
Try not to think about these things, you know it isn’t productive.
I hope you’ll get even stable-er with every day that passes and you’ll completely rock your studies! (and that you won’t worry that much about a relapse)

Thank you :slight_smile:

I worry about the same things… i don’t know why…

I’ve been going through a phase of worrying about everything too. :frowning:

It’s all baseless worries for the most part.

I think every person who has lived our illness and get “cure” has the same worries.
My advice is not to think about that, I know it is not easy but here in Colombia we have a phrase. " Lo que buscas lo encuentras" so if you keep thinking that you will get worse and worse , and that doesn’t help your mental health, so keep calm and when you are beginning to think about that , go for a walk with someone or read a book , keep your busy

Sorry for my English , greetings from Colombia

I’ll break with everyone else and say I think having a contingency plan is a good idea. It helps me not worry about what ifs. If X happens, then Y. If Y doesn’t work out, then Z.

My dad just gave me the same advice :smiley: He called me and we talked about it, and now I feel less worried.

Just pay attention to yourself if you start noticing troubles with your symptoms take the necessary steps to get them back under control. You’ll be ok @Berru

All I know is that if I ever get hospitalized again, I’m going to walk in and scare three people. I don’t care what happens after that but I’m tired of being on my best behaviour in those places.

I think everyone deep down worries that they will loose control. But you have to trust yourself I think is the answer. And you have to install failsafes to make sure you can become aware when things are off. And contingency plans for if they do. It’s like being prepared instead of flying by the seat of your pants.

I know what you mean. The last time I was in there I decided my only vocabulary was going to be rickyisms. Such as. It looks like a tropical earthquake blew through here. Or its not a ladybug it’s a cannipillar. For those of you who don’t know what a rickyism is.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.