What if i am borderline?

one doc thought i am borderline and not schizo. what if i take haldol for borderline,it could help me?i am depressed,negative,paranoid…i ve become really bad on most of atypicals aps…

They thought I was borderline at one point too because I had medical knowledge and thought I was manipulating them. I don’t think I have it and other doctors have thought the same thing. I think it’s possible I have some other type of pd like schizotypal.

I’d consult your doctor or another doctor before experimenting with differing meds, negative effects could outweigh the positives and much worse so it’s always safer to be certain

Check out if anything of this can apply to you. For instance, I have each one of it.

When you’re interacting with someone with BPD, it’s crucial to understand that their unconscious assumptions may be very different from yours.

Their assumptions may include:

I must be loved by all the important people in my life at all times or else I am worthless.

I must be completely competent in all ways to be a worthwhile person.

Some people are good and everything about them is perfect. Other people are thoroughly bad and should be severely blamed and punished for it.

My feelings are always caused by external events.

I have no control over my emotions or the things I do in reaction to them.

Nobody cares about me as much as I care about them, so I always lose everyone I care about-despite the desperate things I try to do to stop them from leaving me.

If someone treats me badly, then I become bad.

When I am alone, I become nobody and nothing.

I will be happy only when I can find an all-giving, perfect person to love me and take care of me no matter what

.But if someone close to this loves me, then something must be wrong with them.

I can’t stand the frustration that I feel when I need something from someone and I can’t get it. I’ve got to do something to make it go away.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t think you would need Haldol unless you were psychotic or badly delusional. Go with what your doctor recommends, though.

It seems that high functioning people with psychosis issues might be a confusion for psychiatry: as schizophrenia untreated is chronic and severe but after treating the underlying causes many of us are unsure how to classify ourselves in a recovery model sense. I’m told I might have mild bipolar now…others borderline or schizotypal…the main issue is we don’t have a complete recovery model for someone who might have had a brief episode or have the underlying symptoms then makes a full recovery. I recall when treated for schizophrenia I wanted to know what recovery looked like and I was told it’s a chronic illness which requires life time treatment. The treatment helped too but it’s interesting the spectrum of experiences all classified under psychotic disorders and how it could be considered chronic for some at a young age think January the young girl on operas show who knows maybe she’ll make a full recovery later in life and be an amazing woman!

1 Like

i am quite low functioning in fact. but i was depressed already at my age of 12… now i feel quite depressed and i am jealous of my schizo friend who goes out and etc…

1 Like

I was depressed too when I was 12. It was due mostly to seeing my mom going through her depression and psychosis and not fitting in all the time. My dad says I was a normal happy kid and not to think that just because I was so wild and carefree that I was unusual. I was very introspective I think I have bipolar if it should be classified in their terms.

I’m lucky not to have depression either anymore due to right medication combo.

1 Like

I struggle with this too.
Depressed since about age 9. But a lot less now.

oh treebird,thank you for your reply. i am not so alone :slight_smile: its consuming this jealousy,yes,i am not sure if its schizo or borderline. borderlines seems to me more jealous than that… starrynight,i grew with an aggressive father and a mother who didnt do anything about that… maybe i have a dysfunctional family not sure. i think my dad had a problem too…

I say this a lot, but I’ve heard that called “judging your insides by other people’s outsides”. People aren’t always as happy as they appear.

I was like this since I was a teen. Maybe even before. But just recently got a name for it.
And yes, borderline is often followed with bipolar or vice versa.

what if i am borderline but i need haldol against my paranoia?
crimby, hard to see this right now, but i suppose its true…

1 Like

the last time to my doc i was agitated, walking forward backwards, quite paranoid etc… maybe this is schizo in fact…

I would trust what the doctors say on this matter.

minnie,they have different opinions. i am tired to see new docs…otherwise,i think a lot about the illness,every other matter boredomes me. is it normal for a bad state,anyone else who was like this? it s a bugg

I obsess about it too, but it doesn’t do any good.

1 Like

yeap,its no good. it makes me even more depressed. but i cant control that anymore,its like my brain works at 100 km/h…

I think this passes. How long are you on haldol?

4 days on the minimal dose