What I can do to stop dry mouth?

What I can do to stop dry mouth?

1 Like

Gum helps…chew celery… Chew aloe vera leaves…or stalk…

1 Like

@flameoftherhine

Thanks, I’ll try that.

Drink a lot of water…!!!

1 Like

@far_cry0

Thanks.

1 Like

It could be a side effect from your AP. I got it from Risperdal oral then my psychiatrist changed me to injectables. I’m now on Abilify and don’t experience dry mouth.

1 Like

These tips sounds good.

If you are going out you could take bottle of water with you as well as cellery, mints, gum, spray etc

Theres probably some beautiful drops out there one could take for dry mouth.
Awful trying to kiss with dry mouth and no good saliva.
Theres some yucky saliva combinations .

Having good saliva is lovely.
Good for teeth too.

Ask your Dr and google.

2 Likes

Suck on sugar free candies

I get dry mouth at times. My tongue goes dry as sandpaper. Then I realized that my mouth get dry mostly around people. When I am alone it doesn’t do that so much.

1 Like

@flameoftherhine, @far_cry0, @Kilimanjaro, @SacredNeigh7, @Skims, @crimby

Well, I stopped taking Thorazine because of the dry mouth but Geodon is doing the same thing…

right now, I can’t open my mouth very much because of this…

Should I return to Thorazine and keep using these 2 meds?

I talked with my psychologist about this dry mouth’s situation and she spoke that there is no problem to take these two meds at the same time.

My doctor said Thorazine and Geodon together are a bad thing. I’m on Geodon and the dry mouth subsided somewhat after the first few weeks as I acclimatized to it. I just keep a few water bottles nearby and take small sips often. Swish around your mouth and swallow.

@velociraptor

My doctor said Thorazine and Geodon together are a bad thing. I’m on
Geodon and the dry mouth subsided somewhat after the first few weeks as I
acclimatized to it. I just keep a few water bottles nearby and take
small sips often. Swish around your mouth and swallow.

In fact, I didn’t should stop taking Thorazine because was a GP that said to me to stop taking Thorazine and not my psychiatrist… I think I should hear my psychiatrist first before stopping any meds.

What do you think that I should do?

There is a mouthwash called Biotene that combats dry mouth.

1 Like

I see it here, but it’s very expensive, it’s R$ 120,00 (Brazilian-Real) here.

You said that you spoke to the psychologist but you should rather speak to the psychiatrist like you said later on in this thread. My mouth got so dry and my tongue so swollen from Risperdal that I could hardly talk. My psychiatrist took me off the stuff immediately. Some meds side effects are rough on some people and some others are more gentle. It’s trial and error to find the right med to suit you. I went from Risperdal oral to Risperdal IMI to Clopixol depot to Olexar to finally Abilify in about three years. Now I’m on Abilify for the past three years and the side effects has been minimal. Good luck on finding the right med if that is what you’re going to do.

2 Likes

Clozapine… It gives me an abundance of saliva. Though drool is a high probability when sleeping.

I suffer from not being able to swallow, what helps me is to try to relax and think about other things. This helps me to go to sleep even though i have this problem.

Andy-You seem to be getting quite confused by now with all this help you are getting. You need one good psychiatrist. Not a psychiatrist, a psychologist and a GP. Some of these medication problems are intractable. There’s nothing you can do about them. Get the right medication. Self medicating is dangerous. You’ll end up sicker than when you started. All this advice from the members of this group must be confusing.

4 Likes

@martinhersey1

Ok. You’re right.

I need to go today to my treatment anyway, and I will make a question to my psychiatrist about Thorazine and see what she will explain to me.

1 Like