What helps schizophrenia symptoms subside

please enlighten me…I need help

1 Like

Medication, therapy. Good coping skills and a lot of patience. I’m sorry you’re suffering so much

6 Likes

give it time, time is a healer

1 Like

Age.

I’m 55 years old. I was diagnosed with paranoid schiziophrenia when I was 19 in 1980. My case was pretty severe but when I was in my mid-forties some of my symptoms disappeared and some other ones became less intense,

1 Like

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. Calmness, control, and time.

2 Likes

Music helps me with the voices, ice cream helps with the numbness, and of course, only time will tell. :+1:

1 Like

Minnii you always have the perfect answers!

1 Like

I’m 33 yo and diagnosed at 6-8 yo. My symptoms are severe. I’m hospitalized at least once a year. I just started CBT about two months ago now. I am slowly learning how to do this.

2 Likes

Being with good people who are supportive is important. For me, I like to research herbalism. I get so wrapped up in my studies and completely forget about anything related to schizophrenia. (Except for if I find an herb that calms the brain that might be good for some of my symptoms.) anyway, what I’m saying is find a passion and spend time on that.

2 Likes

Medication, I’m on three antipsychotics, one of them is an injectable.
I do yoga 6 times a week, for 40 minutes a day.
Mindfulness meditation for 15 minutes, twice a day.
Prayer to the Christian God, from a prayer book, twice a day, but also mental prayer throughout the day. And, Rosary daily.
Performance, for my own enjoyment, on a musical instrument (piano in my case), for 1 hour, 5 days a week, with weekly, one hour long piano lessons.
Regularly scheduled visits with my pdoc every two to three months, and I never miss an appointment. Appointments are more frequent if I relapse.
Regular volunteer work.
Ownership of a pet, (a cat, in my case), and his care.
Attendance at worship services every week (Mass in my case).
The reading of novels and non fiction books that interest me.

This is a formula that works for me. I am as normal as can be. Finally!!! After 30 years of torture from this illness called schizophrenia.

You’re absolutely right to say: Find a passion and spend time on that. Better yet, find many passions, and spend time on those. That is how to get well. That is how I did anyway.