What height do you want to be?

Are you American now? Do you ever plan on visiting your fathers country? That would be nice if you have the means! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally agree. I’m 5’8 but wish I were shorter. 5’5 sounds ideal!

1 Like

I’m 5’11 (181 cm) and I wish I had 6’ (185 cm)

1 Like

I’m 5’8, and I would like to break 6’. I’m sick of needing help to reach the top shelf. Damned if I’m gonna wear heels, though.

2 Likes

I’m 5 foot 8 too

there may have been a study I read

that tall people are more prone to cancer

but don’t quote me on that, I’m sure everyone has a risk.

1 Like

I would like to be really big, above 200 cm. I guess like 210 cm or 214 cm. That would be great.

1 Like

Wow. I never knew. Google scholar says you are right. But the tall are less prone to cardiorespiratory disease so they live slightly longer, apparently.

E.g. from the conclusion of
Gunnell, D., Okasha, M., Davey Smith, G., Oliver, S. E., Sandhu, J., & Holly, J. M. P. (2001). Height, leg length, and cancer risk: a systematic review. Epidemiologic reviews, 23(2), 313-342.
“From the population perspective, one must remember that while greater stature is associated with increased cancer mortality, it has long been recognized that taller individuals generally have lower overall mortality rates than shorter people (333, 334). This is largely because associations between height and cardiorespiratory disease point in a direction opposite that of associations with cancer (2, 29).” (p. 335)

I am 5’10 and don’t mind.

I’m very comfortable with my current height. I was 5’7 and 3/4 for the longest time which drove me insane but then somehow I ended up putting on that last quarter inch and I’m now an even 5’8. I don’t think I’d want to be any taller as I’m already quite tall for a girl.

Though I am short in my family :slight_smile:

Im happy with my height at 5’4”. I used to wish more that I had longer fingers so that I could reach a tenth on the piano. I kind of got stuck because all the piano pieces after a certain difficulty level require you to be able to reach a tenth and I could only reach a ninth. I’d roll the tenths but when you start moving faster it’s too hard to roll and move fast enough

1 Like

my dads side is the opposite. we’re tall and go out with heart problems and strokes. my moms short and got cancer though she died from something else.

i always did have a soft spot for the tall women, short ones too.

i’m 6’1 and i gotta say, i would like to be 5’4 cause everything seems made for people who are shorter than me.

i sit on the aisle seat on airplanes cause not enough leg room then the drink cart bangs my knee if i fell asleep. wakes you up real quick.

7’8 would be nice. giant among men and all that. dunk a basketball, see over the crowds of people among other reasons like people always looking up to you… way up. haha.

in all due honesty i’m good with my current height. just playing around with ideas on if i could change it.

2 Likes

I’m happy with my height at 164 cm. Fairly average height for most women here in Australia.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.