Schizophrenia.com

What has the therapist said that motivated you?

I think the best advice or help comes from dispelling all beliefs in telepathy and ESP. I don’t know your delusion but mine is all based on the belief in witchcraft. Superstitions and paranormal ideas cause me to twitch out into a crazy. I am starting to value the modern humans ways of reasoning, rationality, logic. Testing ideas with reliable and beneficial methods. I miss fantasy sometimes but I find less reason to believe in supernatural claims. I hope this helps, I don’t know, I pray sometimes, but I get triggered in psychotic states. I wonder why God runs around doing where’d things and is not God so. Schizophrenia is difficult. Maybe I will seek a good friend or therapist but I fear agency method. To really find cure would be nice.

3 Likes

My therapist told me that my family relations are sweet and special. It helped me to realise that

3 Likes

My therapist said he really believes I’m going to get better.

I’m choosing to believe him.

4 Likes

It didn’t help me, but every time I saw my old therapist, he’d say “if you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.”

5 Likes

He was happy I had insight into my condition, so that made me realize I was rational and not completely crazy, HAHA!

3 Likes

They really like it when you have insight. Apparently, not everyone does.

3 Likes

Honestly i dont think a therapist has ever said anything note worthy. I got pisssed off with them when they constantly kept mentioning " its about quality of life " on repeat. Its pretty obvious

Seems its their favourite line

2 Likes

One of the important things my therapist taught me is not to think or say about what I “should” do.

2 Likes

I had a therapist who told me “nobody cares what you do” when I felt suicidal and it motivated me to quit therapy cuz she really made me feel that nobody at that clinic cared about me. I was sad and angry but I’ve actually been doing better just seeing them for my med management once a month. I haven’t been in the hospital for almost 4 months.

2 Likes

When I called and spoke over phone, I said Im going to kill my self…
He said “You always have time for that”…
It cured me…

4 Likes

Same for me, therapists were useless for me. Waste of time and money.

1 Like

It’s not any one thing in particular that my therapist has said, but she is very empathetic and a compassionate Soul. That often is exactly what I need, someone to connect to on a deeper level

She makes me feel like my emotions matter

4 Likes

I would not be alive if it wasn’t for a therapist I had in college.

The best thing she did to motivate me was to help me feel confident and normal.

3 Likes

I didn’t use them for that, I don’t have a problem with these. I used them to try to improve my sz negative symptoms, I found out they’re not designed for that and don’t have a clue about sz.

I think we all agree they are pretty much useless and that medicine is better for SZ.

1 Like

I think in their job description they get taught to ask you questions only. They seem to promote the idea of socially adapting to this world. I always thought it is worldly to work and try live a normal life, I think they could give more advice, maybe insight into the struggles we face. I want to be able to afford therapy, it makes me feel a bit hopeless and my girlfriend wanted to go to a healing pastor that charged thousands for deliverance but I won’t do that, it’s a scam. I think psychologist have started to help many situations where religious beliefs caused damage.

1 Like

Therapy has helped me by teaching me to reframe problems in such a way that they are not problems, but advantages because I can come at things differently than others.

It thought me to be my own therapist, to question myself efficiently and honestly.

In exchange I learned on my own : therapy is for who’s ready and capable of using it.
Therapy is not the answer on a plate but the skill to fill the plate.

I agree. Sometimes it’s all that’s necessary. Someone to hear you and see you.

2 Likes

My sz is quite different than for the usual one, i have a body disorder even because of it, but once my pdoc said to me, that the most of the people end up by getting used to this diagnosis and then, they start to live their life as the best possible… I guess i was struggling to accept something like this, so this was reassuring :slight_smile: .

4 Likes