What has helped you get better

what has helped you get better

2 Likes

My loving husband supporting me

4 Likes

Wonderful VA pdoc’s, meds, prayer, meditation, yoga, piano practice, reading, fish oil, CBD oil, nootropics, good sleep hygiene, good nutrition, volunteering, social media, and pet ownership.

Meditation, yoga, fish oil, sleep hygiene, volunteering and pet ownership all do wonders for my mood.

3 Likes

Meds 1515151525522522

3 Likes

Finding the right meds and taking a therapeutic dose. I spent the first several years trying to come off meds and was greatly under medicated. I was constantly psychotic.

What I needed was more meds. Still I wish I could come off of them but being stable is nice. Still far from well though.

Maybe something better is coming.

I just got lucky with meds… :pill:

1 Like

Getting plenty of sleep and being on the right medication are the major ones

The thing that helped most to reduce symptoms, besides antipsychotics, was Amyloban 3399, which is a form of Lion’s mane. I’m on a cheaper but still potent type of Lion’s mane from realmushrooms.com and it’s still working a charm to reduce symptoms more and more every day. I have to turn all sounds off and focus intently to hear anything now, after about 5 weeks of taking Lion’s mane.

My pdoc, my family, my meds, my cat, Frasier and my hobbies.

Medications. All progress comes from that. Being positive. It really does help through the hard yards to have a positive outlook.

1 Like

Meds for me too. That’s number one.

Then - a stable housing setup, therapy, my pets, and my family.

Also not expecting too much and being happy I’ve survived acute episodes to be functional now and able to enjoy the basics of life.

1 Like

Definitely my meds first and foremost
Support from pdocs and therapist
Support from my husband
Support on here
Avoiding stress as much as I can
Simple pleasures in life like coffee and books
Prayer

1 Like

Meds. My pdoc, therapist and nurse. My husband. My kids.

1 Like

Being on the right meds.

1 Like

Patience to endure. Love and support. My faith.

1 Like

The right medication. My family, my nurse and psychiatrist. My dog.

1 Like

Definitely the meds I’ve been on, talking through things with my parents, pdoc, and case manager. Taking my dog for walks. This website.

1 Like

My support system and medication

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.